Steaming bonnet

26 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Put some suitable insulation/heat reflective and sound deafening material on the bonnet?

This. Since fitting the genuine under bonnet deadening I've never seen it since.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Mk2.5 evaporated the water on the bonnet too.

I had already fitted the "genuine sound insulator" but it still did it.

It's a hot engine causing heat which causes water to evaporate - all science people, calm down.

• Like 2

I have this on my 2017 RS 230, totally normal, its bonnet has no underside padding so all the heat goes into the metal and heats it up burning off any surface water. Looks fantastic when you pull up to the shops and your sporty looking car is steaming hot.

Don't worry about it, ive had it from day 1

• 3 years later...

Glad I've found this thread. . .

I'm sure I've noticed it in a little before, but today it looked like the car was on fire 😬

First thing I thought is because it's got no underbonnet insulation. . Which seems to be the case.

Does anyone have the part number for the genuine insulation? And is it OK to run on a tsi? . . The bonnet is VERY WARM (alost too warm to keep your hand on) to the touch, wouldn't want the insulation going up in flames.

2 hours ago, vrs'burks said:

Glad I've found this thread. . .

I'm sure I've noticed it in a little before, but today it looked like the car was on fire 😬

First thing I thought is because it's got no underbonnet insulation. . Which seems to be the case.

Does anyone have the part number for the genuine insulation? And is it OK to run on a tsi? . . The bonnet is VERY WARM (alost too warm to keep your hand on) to the touch, wouldn't want the insulation going up in flames.

Order these parts on your "own" choice, these are what I think should be all you need.

OCT 2019(K) 823-010.pdf