Boot Space

Anyone got a photo of the boot with the rear seats folded down?

Does it make the boot floor flat or are they stepped up with the seats?

Ideally after a flat floor space about 1.2m long.

I've tried google images but struggling to find any photos with the seats folded down.

Fancy a VRS as a cheaper daily, just wondering if it's a suitable option. I'd potentially be putting the seats up and down a fair bit, so hopefully it's not too much of a pain...

The seats do fold flat and will swallow 1.2M, I've had a washing machine in the back of mine easily, the only downside is that you have to slide the front seats forwards in order to make room for the rear seat squabs to fold and you have to remove the rear headrests before folding the seat backs down, as a result the drivers seat is too far forwards for me to drive the car comfortably for long, then again I am 6'4" so YMMV.

• Thanks 1

Perfect, thanks for that, big help.

I'm guessing you've got two options when it comes to folding it down :

Just fold the rear back/top section down and you'll be left with a stepped section as it'll sit at an angle and not flat

Fold the bottom section down first, remove the headrests and then fold the back section down giving you a flat bed

Does that sound about right?

Are the seats split in two halves? So you could fold one half and not the other?

Many Thanks!

Yes they are split fold 60/40. The best way is to pull the bases up first which will give you a fairly flat load area with just a small step. 

I'm always carrying things in mine, spends more time being a van than a car!

Obviously never going to be as big as an estate car but still a fairly useable amount of room

• Thanks 1

Wicked thanks both, sounds like it could be a good option!

Does anyone know the width of the rear seats? As in if you measured across the seat bench, what's the max length you could fit something on the seats in between the doors with them shut.

If someone would be kind enough to quickly put a tape measure along them, or door card to door card that would be extremely appreciated!

A vans my last option, and whilst it would tick the boxes I can't help but think I'd soon get bored of it as a daily.

I know the Fabia won't be the best drivers car in the world, but I'm sure it'll be better than a van, I hope anyway haha

I've got a Megane 250 Cup as my toy/drivers car, and just fancy something for when it's rubbish weather or I'm doing the weekly motorway journey, rather than putting miles on my 250. And if I need to chuck something in the back (which I regularly do, hence the above questions haha) I'd rather use the Fabia as a work horse.

Ideally I want to keep it sub 2k, and as much as I'd love one of the latest Caddy vans, I really can't justify spending the money on them

Just put a tape measure in mine for you. Rear door card to door card is 51 inches (measured where the window winder handles go into the door card)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TMB said:

Just put a tape measure in mine for you. Rear door card to door card is 51 inches (measured where the window winder handles go into the door card)

Absolute hero, thanks for that! Looks like putting stuff across the back seats could be an option as well...Happy days

On 21/01/2018 at 21:19, DC2990 said:

I've not read all of the posts but i always take the rear seats out completely when needing the load space (they don't take long to remove)

Good to hear, I'm guessing there's no tools required?

My remember my old 182 was a bit of a fiddle and had a couple of T40 bolts which was always a pain

37 minutes ago, Jimbob2705 said:

Good to hear, I'm guessing there's no tools required?

My remember my old 182 was a bit of a fiddle and had a couple of T40 bolts which was always a pain

Bottom parts of the seat just lift out. The top parts you just need a screwdriver to release the catch holding them in place.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FollowingGhosts said:

Bottom parts of the seat just lift out. The top parts you just need a screwdriver to release the catch holding them in place.

on mine you have to unbolt the middle seatbelt to remove the backrest 

17 minutes ago, Jimbob2705 said:

Just a spanner/socket job?

yeah its a fairly big size and quite tight. Think its supposed to be a use once stretch bolt as its for seatbelt so not good idea to keep winding it in and out every-time you want to carry something.

Edited by JWvrs25

Seat bases are 30secs to remove. The back rest is in catches. The middle belt is held in with 17mm headed bolt. You could use the wheel brace when needed if you don't have the tools to keep in the car. I recently got front and rear seat interior in mine with just the rear seats removed. Swallowed them up surprisingly easy considering I was generous with the space as I didn't want to damage the interior I was picking up