Carbon Clean / injector treatment

geg1992

Used redex in a xantia diesel and little effect. Had petrol astra h which had one of two vvti sensors fail causing incomplete combustion and soot on injectors. Bg 44 worked well to clean them, within 1/4 of use of fuel tank.

I tried their bg244 for diesels in other cars but this had no noticeable effect. But there were no issues with these diesels. Worth a shot with the injectors. 2nd advice on stripping egr and manifold and clean manually. 

Aleskoda, 

There is an EGR delete guide on this website.

The procedure for removal of the EGR is simpler than the rest of the EGR delete thread. 

Tools required are Allen keys. I used some long Allen keys 20to30cm in length . I think thisvis essential due to access issues. Also you will need the standard short ones. ASV has a long Allen screw going all way through to EGR. There are a few hard to reach Allen headed screws that need unscrewing from below. 

You don't need to jack car up. Have torch , plenty of light available. I managed not to drop any screws into engine bay. Just take your time and note which screws go where. No need to replace any Allen screws . 

There is a ASV to EGR rubber gasket, another similar one to right of EGR to inlet manifold. Mine is a BLT engine. 

Stuff some kitchen roll or dishcloth in this , you don't want any tools or foreign object dropping down into inlet manifold or kitchen roll...

The hard bit is the removal of Allen screws under egr. There is a ribbed metal tube/pipe here that I think links to exhaust gases. If you are going to lose any screws it will be here when you detach. There is a thick fibre washer 3 or 4mm that is oval ish in shape with a hole. Egr delete kits block or reduce size of this hole.

My advice is to replace all the gaskets and o rings.

I priced up the EGR and it cost about £100 from dealer.

Parts guy said other models eg octavia 1.6 with a sensor electronics can cost £500 so I bought a new one for peace of mind. I have a clean spare egr. O rings, gaskets will cost about £10.

I bought a new EGR as apparently there is a rubber diaphragm in the saucer shape top that can hole, a new egr includes an o ring that was included.

Tip take phone pictures in case you forget what goes where.

The fibre gasket can go either way around. Make sure it is seated properly. Took a few hours as I was cleaning ASV and later the inlet manifold using a long ice cream spoon, being careful not to drop gunk into the inlet manifold. Good luck

• Thanks 1