Random change of radio stations on start/stop activation

Hi folks,

Anyone suffer a random change (up one station in the list) of the radio stations when starting engine while start/stop was active?

It happen twice or at least was noticed twice. Dealer claim it could be because of dirty touch screen and/or when its still cold in the car. In my case android auto was running and hands were not on the wheel so no way of a random touch of the screen eider of the wheel scroll.

3 minutes ago, xman said:

More and more software bugs.

I wonder at the ability of people to diagnose and conclude on the interweb with little or no fact or evidence. Reality is that modern cars are complex beasts and the odd report of a perceived failing is not evidence of  'a software bug' or an indication of the lack of professional competence of Skoda (VAG) engineers.

Take a look at any motor forum and you will find loads of reports of bugs/glitches whichever term you wish to use. What is important is not the glitch but the response from the dealer or manufacturer. On that matter I would agree totally with you that most don't do as well as they perhaps should at first and do need to be pushed sometimes. e.g. the recently reported issue with AFL systems. 

As to the OP. I have never experienced any issues with the radio (Columbus) in either a MY15 or MY17 car. (Interference from indicators in weak DAB areas not withstanding)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dg360 said:

Have you got gesture control active?

Nope, but will double check.

Will ask the dealer for any possible updates of the s/w.

The ""issue" here is more a strange behavior I've noticed and do not cause discomfort.

I'm quite happy with the car at all. 

• 10 months later...

If I leave the radio active (ie if I do not physically switch it off) when leaving and locking the car, the radio automatically resumes when I open the car and start the ignition.  In these circumstances, within about one minute of my starting up and driving away, the radio independently retunes itself by moving one channel to the left.  Very strange!

I am visiting the dealer tomorrow to look at a couple of other things including the phenomenon of the blind spot warning system de-activating itself after every journey and this is now on the list too. 

18 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

Check gesture control isn't playing tricks with you (if it's fitted). This has been the cause of similar issues before.

Ah! I'll hold up my hands here (pun intended) and confirm that this was exactly what it was! This was the mechanic's first guess this morning when I took the car in. Mystery solved. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2018 at 16:31, Sagalout said:

As to the OP. I have never experienced any issues with the radio (Columbus) in either a MY15 or MY17 car. (Interference from indicators in weak DAB areas not withstanding)

Have you changed to after market LED bulbs? 

@Penguin Yes I have changed both brake and indicator bulbs in line with Gizmo's original posts from 2015/6. Had them in both cars. Didn't do either the fog lights or internals. I do get interference from the indicators but only if the DAB signal is very weak

Sorry but I cannot remember the exact tpe of bulb fitted but as I said they woukld have been to similar spec if not the same bulbs as Gizmo references in his posts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2018 at 16:06, Samo78 said:

Hi folks,

Anyone suffer a random change (up one station in the list) of the radio stations when starting engine while start/stop was active?

It happen twice or at least was noticed twice. Dealer claim it could be because of dirty touch screen and/or when its still cold in the car. In my case android auto was running and hands were not on the wheel so no way of a random touch of the screen eider of the wheel scroll.

Mine does this too.  Strangely hasn't done it for ages, but recently started doing it pretty regularly.

Did you identify a cause?   

• 1 month later...

i'm trying to solve it for some time and that what iv found until now.

it happens only after morning start(Evan then its random) or after car has sited over the weekend without starting it.

its stop after 10 min driving and not happen again the same day.

its doing the same function as the right wheel button on the steering.

i have a feeling its a battery power issue but cant be sure.

what is your battery age?

maybe we can try solve it for other members in the forum.

if anyone else suffering the same strange issue and was able to find the root or have some insight it would be great.

• 4 months later...

Well, I think I've found the cause of this issue and it was a battery problem.

Around a week ago now, whilst sitting in the car waiting for my wife a warning came on the dash stating 12v power low, please drive immediately.  However when trying to start the engine, it would not start.

Ended up having to call out recovery who diagnosed a bad battery and replaced it.

For the week since, I've had no re occurrence of the issues on stop/start.

• 1 month later...

Recently I've been in the dealer.

Since recently (after a year or so) it happen again just reported this abnormal behavior.

Service engineer explain there is software update for infotainment system, so they applied it.

Some menus look a bit different that make me believe it was not way to get rid of annoying customer.

Will keep and eye and report if it reproduce again.

BR

• 7 months later...

a quick update.

recently its satrted to happaen alot more often.

also today when started the car the clock and trip was reset but the car was starting without any problem.

all suggest battery but maybe someone  can suggest something else before going to buy new battery.

btw

On 13/06/2019 at 13:06, Lee_M said:

Well, I think I've found the cause of this issue and it was a battery problem.

Around a week ago now, whilst sitting in the car waiting for my wife a warning came on the dash stating 12v power low, please drive immediately.  However when trying to start the engine, it would not start.

Ended up having to call out recovery who diagnosed a bad battery and replaced it.

For the week since, I've had no re occurrence of the issues on stop/start.

saince you replace the battery it happend again?