New Karoq ordered

Macdemon

Just got back from Azur Skoda in Chichester in West Sussex after spending about two hours with a chap called Josh.

Josh gave us a good deal on an Edition and are looking forward to picking up the new vehicle. :)

Went for the 1.5 TSi engine 150PS

Petrol blue

Rough road package

Heated windscreen

Adaptive cruise control

Personalisation of driver keys

Park Assist

Beige leather seats.

Estimated delivery date 30th April 2018,

WOOOHOOO

Edited by Macdemon
  • Like 1

We did, but preferred the extra space in the boot and stick to the tyre repair gunk Skoda supply. :)

Edited by Macdemon

The 125 space saver still leaves a flat floor. Only the 215 steel wheel raises the floor.

That gunk stuff is useless most of the time and tyre fitters hate it when it goes all over their machines.

No way I’d drive without a spare in the remote places I go to.

11 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

The 125 space saver still leaves a flat floor. Only the 215 steel wheel raises the floor.

That gunk stuff is useless most of the time and tyre fitters hate it when it goes all over their machines.

Glad you confirmed the no loss of space, panic over, thought I'd overlooked something.

Can't stand the gunk stuff and my experience of run flats running flat isn't any better.

Well we had the gunk in the Yeti and after 7 1/2 years never used it and in the end it went out of date so we threw it away.

On my last Yeti I got a key embedded in the tyre at 3,750ish miles. It was 11.30pm in Preston Centre, the tyre was fubarred and pointless trying the gunk, two and half hrs later the recovery arrived, there was a bad smash on the M6 which was closed. I then had to wait until Monday for a tyre company to come to my house and fit a new tyre. Never again, I ordered a spare wheel.

Wow thats not good.

Sadly its too late to add the spare wheel to the order as the order was sent this afternoon to Skoda UK or Skoda CZ.

My missus will be the main driver of our Karoq, and there is no chance whatsover she'd attempt changing a tyre. Gunk all of the way for her. We have a can beside the spare-wheel within our Octavia, just incase she's alone and gets a puncture.

Just saying that gunk is better for some people.

1 hour ago, TheRoq said:

How do you mean a flat floor? Surely the floor of the boot will be flat whatever spare tyre you have? I personally would only believe that you don't lose boot height with the 125 space saver if I saw it with my own eyes. Where are you getting your information from? 

Edited by Horacecoker

16 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

Wow thats not good.

Sadly its too late to add the spare wheel to the order as the order was sent this afternoon to Skoda UK or Skoda CZ.

Not sure how this applies to you, but I was told I had about 7-10 days from the order to change anything. After that its too late. Worth a phone call?

16 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

Wow thats not good.

If you are on a provisional build week you might still be able to amend the order. Once you have a confirmed build week i think spec is frozen.

21 minutes ago, Macdemon said:

Wow thats not good.

Can the dealer retro fit the spare? Would be surprised if they couldn't!

15 minutes ago, Horacecoker said:

How do you mean a flat floor? Surely the floor of the boot will be flat whatever spare tyre you have? I personally would only believe that you don't lose boot height with the 125 space saver if I saw it with my own eyes. Where are you getting your information from? 

The spare wheel well under the boot floor is about 5 inches deep so the 125 width tyre fits flush in it.

If you have the 215 width spare wheel about 4 inches of the tyre sits above the wheel well.

This means when you take the varioflex seats out you have a big step down.

Not sure how this affects the standard flip down seats, maybe it matches up then.

22 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

The spare wheel well under the boot floor is about 5 inches deep so the 125 width tyre fits flush in it.

If you have the 215 width spare wheel about 4 inches of the tyre sits above the wheel well.

This means when you take the varioflex seats out you have a big step down.

Not sure how this affects the standard flip down seats, maybe it matches up then.

This is definitely not true as far as I'm concerned. I was in Simpsons of Colne Skoda dealers last week and they had no less than five Karoqs in the show room. One was a SE L 1.5 TSI with no spare tyre of any description and the boot height was not raised in any way. Meaning if you took all the seats out you would have a flat floor with no step. All the others had spare tyres of some description and the floor was raised considerably in all cases. One even had the Canton Sound system and the bass (woofer) speaker for this sits inside the spare wheel. If you go on the configurator you will find that you can't order the Canton without also having the space-saving spare wheel. This tells me that the floor will be raised with the space-saving saving spare wheel and it's why I won't be having the Canton. 

Edited by Horacecoker

I forgot a pic of the tyre, you can see the hole for a keyring, the rest of a Yale type key is in the tread, instant deflation.

tyre082_zps05a7b457.jpg

we ordered spare wheel, it's either that or run flat tyre which bmw do, I wish Skoda offered

there is larger steel diameter or wider, I ordered larger diameter and was told boot still same boot floor height Skoda ain't gonna adjust floor based based on your tyre selection. 

the gunk didn't work in my experince 

Edited by vadimo

21 minutes ago, Horacecoker said:

This is definitely not true as far as I'm concerned. I was in Simpsons of Colne Skoda dealers last week and they had no less than five Karoqs in the show room. One was a SE L 1.5 TSI with no spare tyre of any description and the boot height was not raised in any way. Meaning if you took all the seats out you would have a flat floor with no step. All the others had spare tyres of some description and the floor was raised considerably in all cases. One even had the Canton Sound system and the bass (woofer) speaker for this sits inside the spare wheel. If you go on the configurator you will find that you can't order the Canton without also having the space-saving spare wheel. This tells me that the floor will be raised with the space-saving saving spare wheel and it's why I won't be having the Canton. 

Just so we can put this topic to bed and you can see it with your own eyes....

Skip to 5.00 and you can see a space saver with canton and the flat floor level with the bottom of the seats.

11 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Just so we can put this topic to bed and you can see it with your own eyes....

Skip to 5.00 and you can see a space saver with canton and the flat floor level with the bottom of the seats.

I can't argue with that but nor do I want to. I don't really know what's going on here but the one in the show room with the Canton System had a raised boot floor!!!! It was a 4x4 and the one in the video isn't. Is it possible that all the 4x4 Karoqs have a raised floor to start with because of the Haldex stuff?

20 minutes ago, TheRoq said:

Ah, yes. The 4x4 has a shallower boot so cant have a flat floor with any spare.

Got there in the end!

Right. It's not what the idiots in the showroom told me though because I asked that specific question. "No sir, you don't lose any boot capacity with a 4x4." I didn't believe them at the time and now I certainly don't. But this opens up a can of worms. In my opinion it now means that if you have the thin space saver with 4x4 you lose the exact same amount of boot space as you do with a two wheel drive car with the fatter spare. But what about folk who order a 4x4 and the 215/60 wheel/tyre, how much boot space are they losing? I'm having a 4x4 so I definitely won't be having either spare or the Canton.

It's absolutely sickening that we have to do all this guess work. All this information should be freely available. I can't even find all the normal full technical details of the Karoq range anywhere on line.    

Edited by Horacecoker