Karoq Order Times (2 factories now)

SurreyJohn

Octavia isn't doing much better! Ordered a Scout on 27th March. Originally build week 19. Now build week 22 but still not confirmed. Seems demand for the Karoq may have affected Octavia production :sweat:

On 09/05/2018 at 10:48, Gaz1985 said:

Ordered 24th April, expected delivery early September.

Initially told on 27th April BW 22.

Updated today now BW 23 and still on track for early Septmeber.

Edition

1.5 TSi Manual

Quartz Met Grey

Heated windscreen & washer nozzles

Front Isofix

Canton with space saver

Family Pack

Update:

Spoke with Skoda UK yesterday via live chat and found out unconfirmed build week 24 now...

• 2 months later...
On 09/05/2018 at 10:48, Gaz1985 said:

Ordered 24th April, expected delivery early September.

Initially told on 27th April BW 22.

Updated today now BW 23 and still on track for early Septmeber.

Edition

1.5 TSi Manual

Quartz Met Grey

Heated windscreen & washer nozzles

Front Isofix

Canton with space saver

Family Pack

I ordered towards end of May and was quoted delivery end of Sept. My dealer used to give me updates every 2 weeks but not anymore. Do you get updates?

46 minutes ago, SizzlingPotato said:

Do you get updates?

Yes I have been recieving updates on each milestone, but as far as delivery times / estimates no.

I was informed when the BW was finally confirmed, and also when it had left the factory and was in transit to Emden (port of exit in Germany). That was on 20th June. I have since been in regular contact with Skoda Uk on live chat once or twice a week. From them I have learnt the car arrived at Emden on 25th June and was released for shipping, and as of yesterday it still is.

56 minutes ago, SizzlingPotato said:

ordered towards end of May and was quoted delivery end of Sept.

From what I have read and learnt from other threads on the forum, any orders that where or are in build will have to be registered before September due to the WLTP. Therefore I am expecting and hoping delivery to be in August.

2 hours ago, Gaz1985 said:

From what I have read and learnt from other threads on the forum, any orders that where or are in build will have to be registered before September due to the WLTP. Therefore I am expecting and hoping delivery to be in August.

Good luck Gaz. That's some re-assurance and a kick in their butts to get moving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gaz1985 said:

Thanks SizzlingPotato, where are you at with your order?

Did you have a build week confirmed by your dealer? 

It was in early June that they told me the build would be in the week of Aug 13th. But the dealer hasn't given me any further updates since.

Do you have your 8 digit order number beginning with 2?

If so follow this link to Skoda Uk's contact page and go on live chat between 8am - 8pm.

https://m.skoda.co.uk/articles/contact-us/

They will be able to give you an update as to wether your build week is provisional or confirmed, and moving forward what part of the whole process the car is at.

Even if you don't have your order number, some have managed to just give other details like their name and dealers they ordered from etc..

Build Week 33 starting 13th August provisional or confirmed will be a 68 plate when registered so will be subject to the WLTP. I can't begin to imagine how long it will take before delivery. I may be wrong but I think it will be a MY19 spec therefore you may hear from your dealer sooner rather than later if there are any changes to be made.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm new to the forum & feel everyones pain. I ordered a 1.5 TSI DSG Edition in petrol blue at the end of May with an estimated delivery date of mid October only to get a call from the dealer a week later to advise that the 2WD Edition was being discontinued so would not be getting my Karoq. However to my surprise the dealer advised that they had an unregistered 1.5 DSG Edition in stock for immediate delivery in business grey with options (Canton sound, heated front & back seats, ACC, virtual pedal & double sided luggage mat)  I was straight down to the dealer to conclude the deal on Monday & they managed to get the PDI done & ready for pickup on the Friday. Also managed to get all weather mats & all weather over the tunnel mat thrown in as well. I count myself to be very lucky indeed as the sales guy said it was probably one of the last unregistered Editions in the UK at the time. I just hope Skoda get their act together so that all those people still waiting get their Karoqs soon, its a fantastic car & worth the wait!

12 minutes ago, skodafanboy said:

I'm new to the forum & feel everyones pain. I ordered a 1.5 TSI DSG Edition in petrol blue at the end of May with an estimated delivery date of mid October only to get a call from the dealer a week later to advise that the 2WD Edition was being discontinued so would not be getting my Karoq. However to my surprise the dealer advised that they had an unregistered 1.5 DSG Edition in stock for immediate delivery in business grey with options (Canton sound, heated front & back seats, ACC, virtual pedal & double sided luggage mat)  I was straight down to the dealer to conclude the deal on Monday & they managed to get the PDI done & ready for pickup on the Friday. Also managed to get all weather mats & all weather over the tunnel mat thrown in as well. I count myself to be very lucky indeed as the sales guy said it was probably one of the last unregistered Editions in the UK at the time. I just hope Skoda get their act together so that all those people still waiting get their Karoqs soon, its a fantastic car & worth the wait!

Congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum!

4 hours ago, Gaz1985 said:

Slight misinterpretation of WLTP rules

Vehicles built to old standard have to be registered by 31 Aug

vehicles in build (to new WLTP spec) can be registered Sept (or later)

The part you missed, is if the testing is incomplete, then the newly built car, may have to stay unregistered, until it’s testing is completed.  Presumably parked at Emden, a UK port, dealer or an old airfield.  

Production doesnt stop (apart from factory summer break), but registrations might for a time.

1 hour ago, Gaz1985 said:

Do you have your 8 digit order number beginning with 2?

If so follow this link to Skoda Uk's contact page and go on live chat between 8am - 8pm.

https://m.skoda.co.uk/articles/contact-us/

They will be able to give you an update as to wether your build week is provisional or confirmed, and moving forward what part of the whole process the car is at.

Even if you don't have your order number, some have managed to just give other details like their name and dealers they ordered from etc..

Build Week 33 starting 13th August provisional or confirmed will be a 68 plate when registered so will be subject to the WLTP. I can't begin to imagine how long it will take before delivery. I may be wrong but I think it will be a MY19 spec therefore you may hear from your dealer sooner rather than later if there are any changes to be made.

Good luck!

Cheers Gaz. I'll see if they can help me even if I don't have the order number.  It's not on the order form that I have.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

Slight misinterpretation of WLTP rules

Vehicles built to old standard have to be registered by 31 Aug

vehicles in build (to new WLTP spec) can be registered Sept (or later)

The part you missed, is if the testing is incomplete, then the newly built car, may have to stay unregistered, until it’s testing is completed.  Presumably parked at Emden, a UK port, dealer or an old airfield.  

Production doesnt stop (apart from factory summer break), but registrations might for a time.

Thanks for clearing that up SurreyJohn, I stand slightly corrected ;)

Skoda UK live chat is pretty good. Managed to get a latest build week update without an order number. I'm looking at build week 34 - Aug 20 now and the guy said it's typically 8-10 weeks from build to when the car will be delivered. My dealer was estimating 4 weeks from build previously - just to keep me on the hook I'm guessing.

The guys saying Typically 8-10 weeks surely knows this is not a typical year. 

Even Car Dealer Sales People will not say 8-10 weeks and are loath to say 16 -18 weeks for a factory build or admit likely to be longer than that.

& surely he was not a Call Handler earlier this year when others employed by Skoda UK CS were saying the 'Average wait was 26 weeks

Obviously they do not understand averages, because they would have needed 8-10 week waits and also many well over 26 weeks.

They are saying just anything just now. 

Edited by Offski

Today I saw the Karoq in a grey clay colour for the first time. Wow. What refreshingly modern colour. It suits the car very well.

The long wait will be worth it to those willing to be patient.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, New to the Forum, but have been following the posts over time before joining, and since my order on the 20th Jan. I don't want to jinx it, but the dealers are due to deliver my Karoq 1.5 SEL on Tuesday 31st July.

Initial quote from the Lease Company was 12 weeks, but then got plagued with the lack of availability of the 1.5 engine, then the Varioflex seating. Hopefully I will be a happy man, but I am working locally on delivery day so SWMBO is taking delivery.

I have discovered a disturbing problem with the ability of some to communicate in this process. If I fail to respond to a customer within 24hours SWMBO (a sales and customer service professional) nags constantly. I am happy to hire her out to Skoda to help with their communications Worldwide!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Para199 said:

Hi all, New to the Forum, but have been following the posts over time before joining, and since my order on the 20th Jan. I don't want to jinx it, but the dealers are due to deliver my Karoq 1.5 SEL on Tuesday 31st July.

Initial quote from the Lease Company was 12 weeks, but then got plagued with the lack of availability of the 1.5 engine, then the Varioflex seating. Hopefully I will be a happy man, but I am working locally on delivery day so SWMBO is taking delivery.

I have discovered a disturbing problem with the ability of some to communicate in this process. If I fail to respond to a customer within 24hours SWMBO (a sales and customer service professional) nags constantly. I am happy to hire her out to Skoda to help with their communications Worldwide!

Welcome to the forum!!

I ordered on the 19th Jan, also told 12 weeks, a 1.5 SEL DSG with a few extras. It was actually took 13 weeks. I have been driving around in it since late April, ordered one day before you, and yours is nearly ready for collection? Wow.

Mine wasn't bought on a lease, but surely that doesn't make any difference?

I can tell you its a great car. Well specced even with SEL trim. I look forward to driving it every day - a long time since I felt that.

21 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Welcome to the forum!!

I ordered on the 19th Jan, also told 12 weeks, a 1.5 SEL DSG with a few extras. It was actually took 13 weeks. I have been driving around in it since late April, ordered one day before you, and yours is nearly ready for collection? Wow.

Mine wasn't bought on a lease, but surely that doesn't make any difference?

I can tell you its a great car. Well specced even with SEL trim. I look forward to driving it every day - a long time since I felt that.

Good to hear! Not sure on the delays other than the quoted delays. Rest assured, as we have another  two cars to order, the lease company WILL be answering some questions.... I haven't seen many Karoq in the area yet, but see there is at least one in the area. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

• Like 1

I have now had my 2.0 4x4 DSG SEL for a week now, I got it from Rainworth as a 4 month old manager run car so saved any wait and a great deal of cash!

As I have found in the past they were very good to deal with and I got a decent deal through Mark, it doesn't have the kick in the pants power of my Scout DSG but the rest of the package results in a really classy car that up to now is far more economical than the Scout.

Looking forward to more driving of it.

Just an update.... It's here. Delivered today, and love it already.... even in the energy blue which I wasn't sure about, but as a free option I am surprisingly happy!

All looking smart and driving incredibly well. SWMBO hasn't found Sport mode yet! I used to drive an Octavia Scout as a Fast Response Car in the Ambulance Service

and this is honestly better in my humble opinion.

k3.thumb.jpg.518866f4bc934b6d5e2d7f61af933f87.jpg

• Like 4