Karoq Order Times (2 factories now)

SurreyJohn

Placed an order for SE L  a couple of weeks ago. Estimated delivery was late December.

Bearing in mind the factory was closed at that time I dont know how accurate that estimate is likely to be.

thanks for the replies - waiting on a few dealers to get back to me, but someone i know was told september today by his dealership, and i think that is slightly optimisic 

have a qashqai atm and i think the karoq will be well worth the wait 

Maybe there will be some 68 plate Skoda cars delivered to customers in September in the UK,

'end of line ones' built before June 1st 2018 and without the WLTP approval.

If there are WLTP Approved ones built now in the Czech Republic or Germany and ready to head to the UK then maybe there will be ones delivered in September.

On 02/08/2018 at 05:44, Wet Kipper said:

is the WTLP issue based on when the car was built, or when it gets registered ?

Cars not built to WLTP need to be registered by 31 Aug

Cars built to new WLTP can be sold as soon as tested

Cars / specs not yet tested can be built and stockpiled, but not sold until testing is complete

Registration date is the determining date, not order date, or dates of paperwork, or collection date

Except those that can be First Registered without the WLTP Approval,  September 2018 to September 2019.

Under the 'Derogation Rules.'

So End of Line Models built before June 2018 under the old testing and only 10 % of what the manufacturer registered in 2017.

Or something to that affect.

Switch to new WLTP emissions regulations may put pressure on new car supplies _ Latest News.mhtml

4 hours ago, Vikinguk said:

Just ordered a 1.6tdi DSG SE L and told can be up to 25 weeks though they are trying to get one already in system. We shall see.

we've just ordered SE L in 1.6tdi Manual  - went for the quartz grey metallic and black leather.  Been quoted 4-5 months - he said getting a dealer to give up one is almost impossible and nothing that had a build week specified fitted the spec we wanted. 

Now the wait begins!

With 136 2018 Karoq just on Autotrader and no doubt more appearing as they get First Registered this month there are various cars available around the Dealership in the UK.

There will be more demonstrators coming up as well no doubt, maybe others built before the 1st June that can go on 68 plates.

My order for an SE L 1.6 petrol DSG includes an additional Isofix point on the front passenger seat. 

Would this be a factory fit only item or can a local Skoda dealer carry out that work?

17 hours ago, lauryloo said:

Unfortunately our car is a Motability car (3 year old in a wheelchair) so no option of pre reg - otherwise I’d have taken someone’s arm off! 

Ahh ours will be our first Motability car. Hope that as we want a standard spec one and not tied to a specific colour ( though really like petrol blue) hope that something might pop up before Christmas.

2 hours ago, Vikinguk said:

Ahh ours will be our first Motability car. Hope that as we want a standard spec one and not tied to a specific colour ( though really like petrol blue) hope that something might pop up before Christmas.

Redditch Skoda had a Petrol Blue SE due to them around now. Might be worth a call....

This morning I ordered a Karoq SE L 1.6tdi manual in petrol blue, it was already in the order line at week 34, so hoping for a end sept / beginning oct delivery.

I take it the factory are now building to MY19 spec?

Yeah i've read that and it's still not clear what week the engine change will be.

It does say from week 31 the 1.6 tdi will no longer be homologated to tow - so can it be taken that is the week it changes to scr?

I'm not sure. 

Any vehicles without the WLTP results / approval can not be sold / first registered after the 31st August unless they were built before the 1st June 2018, 

so they will need to have been built with the SCR now to have got the WLTP results.

Surely the 1.6 TDI Manual with SCR for MY19 was not given the manufacturers towing weights when submitted for type approval.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...