Karoq lead time

Markyj

20 hours ago, vadimo said:

did you not think to look at 'Karoq Order Times (2 factories now)' thread ?

Its right there page 1

Is that you, Llanigraham???!!! 

31 minutes ago, craigmmorq4 said:

If I'm.build week 7.......I'm guessing first week March?

I was told to expect "Week 7, week commencing 12 February", then 3-4 weeks for delivery to the dealer

• 2 months later...

How have the quoted build/delivery schedules panned out on new Karoqs?  I was told build in week 13 and delivery 4 weeks later.  We are now at the end of week 17 and not a dickie bird, with the dealer suggesting that I was being unreasonably impatient.  Not the best of starts to our relationship with Skoda - following a very good one with VW (unfortunately they don't have what we want).

Edited by Morto
clarification

Welcome to the Skoda buying experience!

Build weeks seem to move around all over the place.

Even when you do get one there might be other delays.

Mine was supposed to be here end of March, its been at the German port for the last 2 weeks.

Skoda customer services number is 0333 0037504, give them a ring direct but you’ll need your order number.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks TheRoq.  I will chase Skoda customer services early next week and listen to what they have to say!

Ah yes!  It appears that there is a foul up at the factory - no back seats for the Edition model.  Our agreed delivery date of 23rd April has come and gone, with Skoda Customer Services unable to provide a new date.  Anybody else in this sorry state?    Unfortunately, on the advice of the dealer, we have agreed to terminate our PCP with VW and our only car goes on Wednesday.  In terms of a courtesy vehicle, Skoda Customer Services don't want to know, with the dealer providing some short term assistance.  All in all a bit of a f'up. Now rapidly searching for an alternative vehicle!  Karoq seemed to fit the bill, but will have to go back into research mode.  VW have launched an R-Line T-Roc, which may do.  Just a bit p'd off.

Exactly the situation I was in. 6 week delay waiting for seats.

I also lost my car before the new one turned up and Skoda wouldnt give me a courtesy car either.

I was close to cancelling as well but couldnt find anything to match the Karoq at the same price.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

8 hours ago, Morto said:

Many thanks TheRoq.  I will chase Skoda customer services early next week and listen to what they have to say!

Ah yes!  It appears that there is a foul up at the factory - no back seats for the Edition model.  Our agreed delivery date of 23rd April has come and gone, with Skoda Customer Services unable to provide a new date.  Anybody else in this sorry state?    Unfortunately, on the advice of the dealer, we have agreed to terminate our PCP with VW and our only car goes on Wednesday.  In terms of a courtesy vehicle, Skoda Customer Services don't want to know, with the dealer providing some short term assistance.  All in all a bit of a f'up. Now rapidly searching for an alternative vehicle!  Karoq seemed to fit the bill, but will have to go back into research mode.  VW have launched an R-Line T-Roc, which may do.  Just a bit p'd off.

Read through delivery times topic. There are various tales of woe for guidance related to Edition models and seats. We also had to get rid of our part ex, but the dealer did find us a courtesy for the Mrs to drive thankfully. 

Hi, many thanks for the comment.  Interesting/reassuring(?) to know that we are not the only ones.  Did you get your car, or are you still waiting 6 weeks on?  My sentiments about alternatives exactly.  Volvo XC40 looks good - for an extra £10k!

Picking ours up today after a long slog (ordered on 13th Jan). 

XC40 does look good, I was ready to look at those as well. Maybe would have waited for the hybrid.  Car for the Mrs this one, personally would have been happy with an estate car if it was for me..! 

12 hours ago, TheRoq said:

Exactly the situation I was in. 6 week delay waiting for seats.

I also lost my car before the new one turned up and Skoda wouldnt give me a courtesy car either.

I was close to cancelling as well but couldnt find anything to match the Karoq at the same price.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I am also waiting seats, like others, from build week 14.

How many weeks from your build week to arriving at your dealer?

Im thinking best case I receive it last week of May/early June. 

However I am lucky that my old car passed its MOT and I don't have to hand it in early and be without a car for weeks/months.

1 hour ago, pheebs said:

I am also waiting seats, like others, from build week 14.

How many weeks from your build week to arriving at your dealer?

Im thinking best case I receive it last week of May/early June. 

However I am lucky that my old car passed its MOT and I don't have to hand it in early and be without a car for weeks/months.

I was build week 8, w/c 19th Feb.

System shows car was finished on 6th April.

Picked it up on 27th April so 3 weeks in transit.

Hopefully your delay wont be as long as mine.

• Thanks 1

SexDrugsKaroqnRoll, enjoy your new car.  

We will see if the dealer/Skoda have anything to say next week.  From TheRoq's experience we are looking at the begining of June, fingers crossed.