Vrs front tyres what mileage are you getting before changing

I got 18K out of my front P Zeros (from new) the rears have about 6mm left, swapped the fronts for Michelin 4s, then put the swapped fronts and rears so when the fronts wear out they will be replaced for Michelins too - probably in about 6 months time. Only the Michelins for a couple of days so wearing them in however it does seem more stable in the wet.

2 hours ago, lpt100 said:

Were all of your tyres AO marked? My O3 has Primacy HP AOs on them. Wondering if I'd notice much difference going for non AO?

AO is Audi Option. Sometimes there is a minor variation to suit a particular manufacturers needs. Sometimes though they are exactly the same. How do the EU ratings for AO and Non AO compare?

I currently have Continental Sport Contact 5 MO (Mercedes option). The EU ratings for those differ slightly from the standard.

Edited by ahenners

• 1 month later...
On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:32, stepdavi said:

My 245 came with Pirelli p zero with about 36psi all round. I run with 39 all round. In my opinion and I'm no boy racer the p zero are poor in low temperatures and when wet. (So not so good in britain)

Agreed they do tend to lose lateral grip in the wet if your entry speed is too optimistic! That's going through a roundabout on the racing line with no-one next to you of course.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 14:23, Ads230 said:

Front Pirellis lasted 14k before requiring a swap (was on 4mm on 1st December, so early Xmas presents were Goodyear F1 AS3's  at 235/35 R19 over 225 " (much better!). Will likely get considerably less mileage from the GYs though, now it's ~300 BHP.

+1 to @stepdavi, the Pirellis are not fun in cold / wet conditions (95% of the time in the UK...).

Also thinking of going for 235/35 next time to give 302BHP engine better chance in 1st and 2nd gear!

Original Bridgestone Potenza lasted 20k miles on the front and the rear were still well within legal limits at 27k when I had to replace them because of damage. Dreadful tyres IMHO. 

Gone with Conti Premium Contact.