Dog guard

JulieD

Hi guys, I’m looking for a recommendation for a dog guard for the Yeti. The car has the spare wheel in case that makes any difference though I’d rather not a universal one that goes down to the boot floor.

Due  to the cost of the Škoda  one, I tried various 'universal' ones for my Octy Scout all with various issues (fit, build quality et al) and eventually saw sense and bit the bullet and bought one from the dealers. Its been in there 5 years now with no issues. 

Quick Google search brought this up. 

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Yeti_2010_>_2016_ZGB5L0017221

Edited by Guest

38 minutes ago, 137699 said:

Get the genuine Skoda load net. It's an excellent accessory and allows the parcel shelf to be used when dog is not in the car.

I enquired about the load net before buying the dog guard, but was informed it was a factory fit due to the recesses in the roof/headlining.  Though it would not be the first time I have been misinformed by dealership staff.

To the OP, if you intend putting dogs in the back (I know it is called a dog guard, but I installed it before I had a dog to stop items from the boot coming into the passenger area when transporting garden and household waste to the dump, or when transporting our luggage and duty free on various road trips). I would strongly advise also installing window blinds- I have Vanstyle for the side windows and the Skoda one piece rear window blind - the supplied Vanstyle is two pieces.  I suffered a shattered rear screen, and the amount of glass that entered the boot was weirdly impressive.  Fortunately Hadley was not in the vehicle at the time, but I was picking pieces of glass out from various nooks and crannies for months afterwards.  It was after that I installed the window blinds.

18 hours ago, 137699 said:

The recesses are in the roof - you need to cut the roof lining to get to them.

Even if they are it would look a right mess without the finishing pieces and if they are why won't dealers reveal them it would be quite a good earner.

I don't think the dealers know much about this option. When I bought my car for delivery in July last year I thought this looked useful. Had to come onto this forum to even see a picture of it that made sense as the one on the website was to vague.

I decided to have it and the otherwise helpful dealer said he had only ever seen it once before in a car he sold several years earlier.

Its probably not a speculative option which would be selected by dealers when deciding which Yeti options to go for when buying cars in for stock, rather than a customer order like mine.

Can it even be bought easily complete to fit after delivery, as some options are factory fit only?

We  didn't want the guard as a permanent Yeti feature so bought a dog crate/cage instead.  It's more useful because we can take it out when visiting friends and pooch knows he's at home. It also has an integral floor, so there's no mud or damage to the car or the sides of the loading space. We keep the crate assembled, but it can fold flat and comes with a carrying handle. Price? around £45 from fleabay. Ours is about the largest we could fit in the Yeti. I cut a length of pipe insulation to clip along the top back edge to make sure it won't damage the rear heated screen which is only 50mm away with the back closed up.