Help if possible

Sweeperman

If I could ask a big favour of members here, my daughter is doing her dissertation and needs as many as possible questionnaires filled in, theres no limit on the number done, so be free to fill in multiple times, theres no registration required, no emails needed, its just a click questionnaire, its not traceable and condfidential and only takes maybe a minute to do, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could complete it.

Its in regards to dark tourism, which covers the likes of the concentration camps, battlefield trips etc, basically the darker side of anywhere thats not the shiney side of life, its in relation to Northern Ireland, so if you think along the lines of the troubles, peace lines and prisons etc 1f642.png:)Please feel free to post onto your own timelines or pass on as far as possible, foreign lands especially and a wide range of age ranges,  she needs over 300 to get the relevant data required. If anyone has ever tried, or has had sons daughters etc trying to get same completed you'll know how difficult it is to get these done so many thanks to anyone who can spare the minute or so to do :)

now deleted, thank you for all the help :)

Edited by Sweeperman

What you posted above needs to be on that questionnaire IMO.

Otherwise once you say you do not know what it is the rest is pointless.

Not sure about a parent posting to get the questionnaires filled in, 

that was something wrong when children were at infant, primary and secondary school.  Helping is OK, but doing their work for them not so good. IMO.

If you want to go to University it is to teach you how to learn, not how to have others do your work.

22 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

that was something wrong when children were at infant, primary and secondary school.  Helping is OK, but doing their work for them not so good. IMO.

If you want to go to University it is to teach you how to learn, not how to have others do your work.

Pretty sure his daughter is also spreading this around her own social circles too. Having people help to gather vital research data is a necessity. Too small or geographically concentrated a sample size renders most research statistically inaccurate, which where most studies fall down at peer review stage..

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sweeperman said:

If I could ask a big favour of members here, my daughter is doing her dissertation and needs as many as possible questionnaires filled in, theres no limit on the number done, so be free to fill in multiple times, theres no registration required, no emails needed, its just a click questionnaire, its not traceable and condfidential and only takes maybe a minute to do, it would be greatly appreciated if anyone could complete it.

Its in regards to dark tourism, which covers the likes of the concentration camps, battlefield trips etc, basically the darker side of anywhere thats not the shiney side of life, its in relation to Northern Ireland, so if you think along the lines of the troubles, peace lines and prisons etc 1f642.png:)Please feel free to post onto your own timelines or pass on as far as possible, foreign lands especially and a wide range of age ranges,  she needs over 300 to get the relevant data required. If anyone has ever tried, or has had sons daughters etc trying to get same completed you'll know how difficult it is to get these done so many thanks to anyone who can spare the minute or so to do :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyV7WUCjw61hjTjdIcP8owMZau24eIprIz2tTPdzQHk7eknQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

I am surprised that this is being done, especially by someone in the 6 counties.

I was working in Derry town and one evening our host just took us on a tour of where the Bloody Sunday atrocities took place and with those matters still not resolved I would leave such matters well alone. 

Issues regarding The Troubles are still raw and with the potential return of a border between the 6 and 26 counties I respectfully suggest that Dark Tourism, and anything dark, is let lie and everyone walks towards the light rather than goes to dark places as, with no political consensus in Ireland, the future potentially looking dark, then focusing and working towards harmony, rather than looking at darkness, is a better area to look at.  

I would suggest few people are going to give any opinion where they are potentially traceable as there is still huge distrust of any census, surveys or the like.       

I love the internet :biggrin:  Seriously Lol-Lol get a grip. If it does not interest you then move on. Thank you to anyone who doesnt get offended or think of conspiracy theories of tracability to a young girl doing an questionnaire and takes the time to complete it, even if you have no idea what dark tourism is, your view is relevant. 

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

I am certaily not doing her work, it was created by her. Perhaps you could suggest as to how the questionnaires could be filled in to get 300 responses of all ages and nationalities when her own social links have been exhausted. But it is not here to create a huge debate about occupied six counties (thats hilarious by the way and then to talk about moving forward, totally hilarious) or high horses about parents doing homework, again hilarious but to only help my daughter progress her final years research ahead. Again if it does not interest you, please move on im sure theres plenty to get worked up out there in the big world past a keyboard than this petty thing. 

Thanks again to anyone who can help out :kiss:

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

Pretty sure his daughter is also spreading this around her own social circles too. Having people help to gather vital research data is a necessity. Too small or geographically concentrated a sample size renders most research statistically inaccurate, which where most studies fall down at peer review stage..

Exactly well said, and thank you

• Thanks 1

No problem,

And... done!

People are drawn to the morbid, whether we like it or not. Car crash tv exists because people want to watch it. Whether its actually a crash crash, or someone getting hitting in the face with a foam bat, or being publicly denounced as a terrible singer/dancer/whatever.

Edited by mac11irl
Double word..
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sweeperman said:

I love the internet :biggrin:  Seriously Lol-Lol get a grip. If it does not interest you then move on. Thank you to anyone who doesnt get offended or think of conspiracy theories of tracability to a young girl doing an questionnaire and takes the time to complete it, even if you have no idea what dark tourism is, your view is relevant. 

I am certaily not doing her work, it was created by her. Perhaps you could suggest as to how the questionnaires could be filled in to get 300 responses of all ages and nationalities when her own social links have been exhausted. But it is not here to create a huge debate about occupied six counties (thats hilarious by the way and then to talk about moving forward, totally hilarious) or high horses about parents doing homework, again hilarious but to only help my daughter progress her final years research ahead. Again if it does not interest you, please move on im sure theres plenty to get worked up out there in the big world past a keyboard than this petty thing. 

Thanks again to anyone who can help out :kiss:

Survey done.

Just come back from working in Ireland and I go there once or twice most years.  I will be one of the people making the new border work function as and when it goes up. 

Not sure this is something schools, or even universities should be dwelling on......

==============================================================================================================

If one is interested in this there is even a website apparently with this name....       http://www.dark-tourism.com/

Their take on Northern Ireland and Free Derry Museum of Dark Tourism...

Note that Northern Ireland is covered as a separate entity here -  even though it is part of the "UK", but unlike Wales and Scotland it's not part of Great Britain. It's not just a pernickety political terminological distinction, it is also a practical one: Travelling in England can easily and seamlessly cross the invisible borders into Wales and Scotland, whereas Northern Ireland is a distinct country from a traveller's perspective, requiring a ferry crossing or flight to get there from the British mainland.

MUSEUM OF FREE DERRY ("BLOODY SUNDAY MUSEUM") 

3Stars10px.png  - darkometer rating:  7 -

Museum%20of%20Free%20Derry%2001%20-%20wiA small topical museum in the city of Derry/Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Informally, the museum is also simply known as "the Bloody Sunday Museum". Its main theme is indeed Bloody Sunday, but it also covers the historical background to it and the whole role of the Bogside district, where it is located and which has been described as the "Crucible" of "The Troubles". 

Small as the museum may be, it has some very poignant artefacts and is certainly one of the top attractions to any (dark) tourist with an interest in the Northern Ireland conflict. 

>More background info

>What there is to see

>Location

>Access and costs

Thank you all for taking the time in doing that. Lol-Lol, thank you also, everyones input is just as valuable as anothers.

Having lived through every day of the troubles not just in a casual drop in for a few days, and also having been in the position where ive had relatives who have been murdered by both sides of the religious divides, in both cases mistaken identies but sure what does that matter, they said sorry for the mistake oopsie, I feel that no matter what 'side'you were brought up in, both 'sides' are rared in a particularly biased way. The emergence of the dark tourism and flourishing of black taxi tours, open top bus tours, paddy tours etc shows an interest from both locals and visitors alike. It is not only here of course, its something that has been going on for years worldwide. If there can be an education of the atrocities both sides have committed without blame on their parts and in their eyes I feel its a good idea. Im willing to be educated rather than just now blindly going through life thinking the british government done this or the nationalists done that. 

Again thank you all for taking the time :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sweeperman said:

Thank you all for taking the time in doing that. Lol-Lol, thank you also, everyones input is just as valuable as anothers.

Having lived through every day of the troubles not just in a casual drop in for a few days, and also having been in the position where ive had relatives who have been murdered by both sides of the religious divides, in both cases mistaken identies but sure what does that matter, they said sorry for the mistake oopsie, I feel that no matter what 'side'you were brought up in, both 'sides' are rared in a particularly biased way. The emergence of the dark tourism and flourishing of black taxi tours, open top bus tours, paddy tours etc shows an interest from both locals and visitors alike. It is not only here of course, its something that has been going on for years worldwide. If there can be an education of the atrocities both sides have committed without blame on their parts and in their eyes I feel its a good idea. Im willing to be educated rather than just now blindly going through life thinking the british government done this or the nationalists done that. 

Again thank you all for taking the time :)

My work out of Belfast, during the Troubles, included anti-smuggling work as a Customs Officer, working with the local Officers to prevent the smuggling which funded terrorism.  We needed chaperoning as we had all the appearance of military personnal as HMRC anti-smuggling Cutter crew which was evaluated us as targets.

Casual you say?    Did not feel like it.

HMCC Seeker at Bangor by Aubrey Dale.jpg

Edited by lol-lol

I used to love top trumps when I was a child but then I grew up and became an adult.

Thank you all for your help, she really appreciated the assistance and can now move onto doing presentations in local schools to get the younger side representated.  

Cheers folks again

• Like 3