Insurance when Picking up a Lease Car

Hi all,

I’m due to pick up a Karoq next Friday on a PCH lease. This is my first time leasing so I’m not sure of the procedure in insuring the car but I would have thought I need to have my insurance ready before I drive away.

My dealer has told me the following: “Your new registration number will be.... but this will not show up on insurance websites until it has been taxed. You will need to give them the model details to get the insurance quote.“ so I’m not sure about how I go about getting insurance.

I know there’s a 5 day free insurance option when you buy a Skoda but I’m not clear about PCH. Perhaps it will get taxed Friday am and I can buy my insurance then?

Any ideas?

Best explain the situation to your insurance company and ask them the correct procedure.

I have not leased PCH, but my insurance company (little red telephone) has been very helpful whenever I have changed vehicles.

Enjoy your Karoq :thumbup:

I’m pretty sure I ran quotes without the ref number and when in the showroom signing paperwork asked if I could use a computer to fully setup the policy with the quote I was happiest with. 

Oh. I’m also fairly sure that with a lease you don’t get the 5 days free insurance. 

Yoy are also not the keeper or registered owner. 

Edited by SC03OTT

Last time I changed cars I just gave them the day/time I was making the pick up, they gave me a 24hr overlap insurance on my outgoing car just in case the collection was delayed.

Regarding lease cars, not sure if anything else comes into play apart from what's mentioned above re you are not the registered owner etc. This will of course be altered on the policy, whether that's a problem involving fees (you know how they work) I don't know, I've never leased before.

I’m in the same boat, first time PCH. Mentioned it to salesman and he said not all companies will insure you on a PCH. I rang my current insurer (same as Robjon), they will insure and he gave me a price as if I was changing that day even though it will be months before it arrives. The extra cost was a quid.

Ended up getting a quote via confused without the reg number coming up with anything in the search and then getting my lappy out at the dealers and buying the policy on pick up day. Mind you entering the reg still didn’t work and I had to go through and enter the model manually to complete the purchase. Guess the DVLA’s database takes a while to update or at lease the one the insurers use.

We got our superb on PCH last week ,lease company gave us reg about 1 week before delivery, they advised it may not show on insurance company's data base yet but to give them the PD11 value and reg number .Mrs insured useing this info with LV without issue :)

• Like 1

There's no problem getting the free 5 day Skoda insurance if the car is on PCH. I've done it with my last two cars on PCH, the dealer just completes the form whilst you are at the garage, then prints out the 5 day cover note for you.