Interesting?

Arkaig

As I wait to be able to order my Karoc, I came across this picture posted on another forum today, originating from a facebook source, that suggests the imminent availability of both a Karoc Sportline and a Karoc Scout, at least in Luxembourg. :tongueout:

29101990_2335149986511027_4676359296668139520_n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Again as I wait patiently to order my Karoc, I came across this from a Spanish Forum detailing when Karoc orders were placed, build weeks and actual delivery dates to customers.

Judging from the engine and gearbox variants chosen, which I surmise is typical of UK and European sales, I find it interesting the significant change in favour of petrol qv diesels, and dsg qv manual.

:.Plazos.thumb.jpg.01c862b3476c99ce7688f64177304f73.jpg

I see many car manufacturers are left out of meaningful names for their cars...

How about 'WTF' or 'I Couldn't Find A Better Name' ?

• 3 weeks later...

ŠKODA Connect now with Amazon voice assistant, Alexa  - do we really need this?

ŠKODA Germany Press Release - 27.04.2018 

New level of connectivity: ŠKODA Connect now with Amazon voice assistant, Alexa 'as a beta test phase
•    Added convenience: Amazon Voice Assistant 'Alexa' answers questions about remaining range, vehicle location, service schedules, average fuel consumption and more
•    The ŠKODA Connect connectivity package enables direct interaction between driver and vehicle. Now also with the Alexa ŠKODA Connect Skill
•    The Alexa ŠKODA Connect Skill convinces with easy activation and real added value
•    ŠKODA launches new voice control as a beta test phase, initially in the UK and Germany, with other markets following

Mladá Boleslav - ŠKODA AUTO offers a whole new form of direct driver-vehicle interaction: From now on, the Care Connect connectivity package also enables the voice control 'Amazon Alexa' with Smart Home function. Using the intelligent voice system, the user can, for example, retrieve the vehicle status from home. 'Alexa' answers questions about kilometers driven, remaining distance and other ŠKODA Connect services. The new function will initially be available for vehicles in the UK and Germany equipped with ŠKODA Connect Paket Care Connect. Following the pilot phase, customers in other countries will also enjoy this voice control.
"Thanks to the integration of 'Amazon Alexa' into ŠKODA Connect, our customers benefit from a real comfort plus. Drivers of a ŠKODA can communicate directly with their car anytime, anywhere, and conveniently receive practical information about all relevant vehicle functions by voice command, "says Sebastian Lasek, Head of ŠKODA Connectivity.
Activation of the new voice control is extremely easy: Amazon customers who have an echo speaker or have the 'Alexa' app installed on their smartphone download the Alexa ŠKODA Connect Skill and pair it with their personal ŠKODA Connect user account , As soon as the car is connected to the Internet, vehicle owners can also be informed remotely by 'Alexa' whether windows and doors on the vehicle are closed, when the next service appointment is due, for which distance the current tank content is sufficient and much more. Simple voice commands such as "Alexa, ask ŠKODA: Is my car locked?", "What was the average speed of my last trip?" Or "Where did I park my car?"
ŠKODA is a pioneer in the
topic of the future connected car The ŠKODA Connect connectivity package is standard equipment in all model series except CITIGO. It opens up a new dimension of information and entertainment for drivers and passengers, opening up the whole world of the Internet in the vehicle. In addition, ŠKODA Connect breaks down the boundaries between home and on the move: Among other things, users can define their destinations and preferred routes as well as attractive stopovers via the import function at home on the computer or the ŠKODA Connect smartphone app and transfer them to the online navigation system.
ŠKODA Connect is based on the columns Care Connect and Infotainment Online. Care Connect includes the emergency call, the proactive services such as vehicle condition report and service appointment. Infotainment Online offers customers more convenience and many additional services that help them to reach their destination on time, comfortably and safely. The proactive services as well as the emergency call remain free for the entire life of the car (14 years). ŠKODA customers use the vehicle remote access and Infotainment Online free of charge after registration in the first year. In conjunction with a business package, Infotainment Online is even available for a period of three years at no cost.
If you would like to use the full range of functions of ŠKODA Connect, all you have to do is download the free ŠKODA Connect App in the App Store and register your vehicle in the - also free of charge - ŠKODA Connect Portal and connect the connectable vehicle to your account. Users can view vehicle data, set notifications, subscribe to news services, and much more with these clear user interfaces. If you do not want to transfer data from the vehicle, you can simply activate private mode with one click.
Digitization and connectivity are two cornerstones of the ŠKODA Strategy 2025. With this program of the future, the traditional Czech brand is future-proof for the change processes in society and the auto industry.

• 1 month later...

Am I right in seeing that they are temporarily stopping production of the 1.0 DSG? (About third line down)

Hop the wife's 1.0 DSG gets built before that happens or it's back to the drawing board again.

23 hours ago, gailjon said:

Am I right in seeing that they are temporarily stopping production of the 1.0 DSG? (About third line down)

Hop the wife's 1.0 DSG gets built before that happens or it's back to the drawing board again.

Yes, it appears production of the 1.0 DSG will be temporarily halted between BW31 and BW48. The engine option of the 1.0 was removed from the Škoda Germany configurator on the 14th May, albeit still appearing in the UK configurator.

Fingers crossed for your wife's order!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2018 at 12:55, Arkaig said:

As I wait to be able to order my Karoc, I came across this picture posted on another forum today, originating from a facebook source, that suggests the imminent availability of both a Karoc Sportline and a Karoc Scout, at least in Luxembourg. :tongueout:

29101990_2335149986511027_4676359296668139520_n.jpg

Interesting the Fabia facelift has become a reality, and the Kodiaq RS is being launched at the Paris Motor Show in October - now for the Karoq Sportline and Scout!   

Hopefully we'll get the promised options of a 2.0 TDI with 140 kW (190 PS) engine and dynamic chassis control  :tongueout: :tongueout: