the mesh round the windscreen near shaft of the rear view mirror

Hi folks 

Please can you tell me what is the black mesh type film on the windscreen around the shaft of the rear view mirror. The guy who fitted my dash cam has placed the fitting on this mesh and I am having some issues and wonder if the mesh might be a reason could be the cable through.

Thanks

Graham

1 hour ago, MidlifeC said:

Hi folks 

Please can you tell me what is the black mesh type film on the windscreen around the shaft of the rear view mirror. The guy who fitted my dash cam has placed the fitting on this mesh and I am having some issues and wonder if the mesh might be a reason could be the cable through.

Thanks

Graham

Whats the issue?  I know that when I fitted my dash cam the sucker was partially on the dotted area and it wouldn't stick properly - ended up moving it so it was completely on the clear glass

• Like 1

I have had problem with the dash cam and the rear camera disconnecting, I think it is the lead that is faulty as have a new lead that I tested the cameras with and both then worked. So felt ok then started to worry that the mesh was for some electrical purpose and it was interfering with the dash cam. That is why I asked the question.

Thank you ScoutCJB for replying  still interested to know what the mesh is for if anything.

Graham

I believe it is so TAG systems can work correctly, communicating will tolls etc through the windscreen.

"if you have a new car with a metallic windscreen you need to fit the tag in the black spotted area under the rear vision mirror as this lets the signal through."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MidlifeC said:

Thank you ScoutCJB for replying  still interested to know what the mesh is for if anything.

Did you read BigEjit's post above? I thought the link provided by him was spot on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidlifeC said:

I have had problem with the dash cam and the rear camera disconnecting, I think it is the lead that is faulty as have a new lead that I tested the cameras with and both then worked. So felt ok then started to worry that the mesh was for some electrical purpose and it was interfering with the dash cam. That is why I asked the question.

Graham

BigEjit has already told you..?

• Like 1