ASZ with GT1749vb no power

Hi,

So I have a stock  ASZ engine with GT1749vb turbo. Its on stock pd130 map, but it has the 1.6bar of boost at 2500 rpm but no power. It takes ages to speed up, I think it is around 90bhp mark. What can be the problem ? As I read here when you put vb turbo on ASZ engine it makes same if not a bit more power on stock pd130 map, but mine is sluggish as hell. Actuator has been set to factory tolerances, MAP sensor is ok. What next ? And yes, I know I need to remap it to use a full potential...

Sorry to be asking the silly questions but...

1. When did you last change your oil

2. Does it do this whilst the engine is warm or cold?

Mine is quite sluggish at stock when it's cold.

3. What kind of RPMs and how far down are you pushing the pedal?

4. Is the boost requested/received consistent?

5. How many miles ago did you replace the fuel filter?

1. 1 month ago, because it was a engine swap from Ibiza FR

2. It does it always

3. It hits 1.6 bar of boost at 2500 rpm and then reduces to 1.3 as the rpms rise

4. It is, but it is always cca 0.3 higher then needed

5. 1 month, maybe 550 miles ago.

When the engine was in Ibiza it went really well, but then I swaped it to Fabia and mounted this turbo and now it is slow. 

Sounds like actuator is set up wrong, had overboost on my new (PD130) turbo when i first fitted it, just needed rod adjusting slightly.

I dont think its possible to make more power on standard map with pd150 turbo, as you've not changed the amount of fuel you are injecting therefore cant get any more power out.

• Like 1

My reconditioned turbo arrived 'set up' correctly on the machine. Thing is there is always slight differences in the way it performs on the car. Logs need to be done on the road to get it set perfectly