Which options don't you use? What would you rather have had?

I have an L&K and have used everything that came with it.

The only thing I now wish I had was the heated steering wheel.

Grand Kids love the TV, I like the autopark (will put car in spaces I wouldn't dream of trying), kick opening rear hatch (often have hands full), KESSY (too lazy to take key out of pocket), auto high beam headlights (great on long journeys but doesn't seem to work under 40mph).

Even dabble with the DSG stuff sometimes, like the sport mode for lake district outings.

Found a use for the auto park, I use it to impress my grandson who is deeply into anything magic.  Other than that it makes me flap if I try to park on a busy road, don’t like following instructions given to me by a machine which doesn’t care about other traffic.  I’d much rather use my mirrors and the rear view camera I’ve got this time round as it’s replacement.

I have a 280 Sportline hatch and the one thing I haven't got which I hope would cure the issues I'm experiencing is... DCC!

When 'making progress' on smooth, well surfaced A & B roads I love this car - bags of grunt and it even keeps half composed through bends.

Take it on our local, manky, breaking up and undulating  rural roads and it loses its composure very quickly even at reasonably moderate speeds. It seems to wallow and bounce all over the place when disturbed by a poor, or especially an undulating at just the wrong pitch, road surface. It feels very under-damped to me and this is a 17 reg car at just over 6k miles  which generally has an easy life. My 220 vRS was never like this! Honestly, it's put me right off an otherwise excellent machine.

On 4/27/2018 at 15:47, hwr1983 said:

Pick up the Superb Mk3 SEL tomorrow

Options I chose/items that were included + useful:

• Tow Bar
  • Pegasus Alloys
  • Adaptive Cruise (can't wait to use this!)
  • Bi-Xenons (love them on our Mk2)
  • Auto Lights/Wipers
  • Electric Boot Lid

Wanted (SWMBO Growled and said no)

• Keyless
  • Heated Front Screen
  • Front Parking Sensors
  • Smart Light Assist / High-beam Assist
  • Velvet Red Paint

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't the SEL come with heated front seats, my 2017 has them?

Edited by Wheelnut
General edit

Yes but didn’t put them on the list (forgot)

Use them all all the time!

it was the Heated Front Windscreeb I wanted as our mk2 had it as standard but it’s a £300 option on the Mk3

• 5 months later...

I would like to have had the front parking sensors. We have an X3 with them and they are a great job.

Also could have done with blind spot detection. I might retrofit a reversing camera.

To be fair, i use everything else (and i've only had it a week)

Edited by cs.rogers

I’ve got the Canton but can’t really tell any difference in sound from the previous stereo in all honesty. 

Wonder if it’s to do with the fact most of my music is on SD card and mp4 files. 

Nice to have a CD player again as they didn’t provide one in the vRS 245. 

15 hours ago, EddGee said:

I’ve got the Canton but can’t really tell any difference in sound from the previous stereo in all honesty. 

Wonder if it’s to do with the fact most of my music is on SD card and mp4 files. 

Surprised by this Edd, since my Canton is night and day different from the normal stereo on my old Mk2 Superb. Have you tried playing with the settings / sound modes? It's worth spending some time on it. Another thing that made a huge difference for me was to set it to optimise for driver. I also use an SD card (flac files) and the sound quality is fantastic. 

• Like 1

Bought mine 2nd hand so I had no say on the options list.

It has the park assist although I have never used it and wouldn't specify it as an option. (My VW Tiguan had it as well and I never used it on that car either)

It doesn't have high beam assist which I did have on my Mazda. I don't miss it though as I felt it wasn't quick enough to switch back to low beam in the Mazda when cars were approaching. Perhaps the Skoda system is more responsive.

I do miss the blind spot/lane assist that I had on the Mazda as I don't find the drivers door mirror has a wide enough field of vision. It is easy to miss seeing overtaking vehicles when on the motorway or when joining a road from a slip road.  

I went for an SEL Executive with options because I wanted the 1.4TSI DSG and not a 2.0TSI.

Options I wanted included:

- Reversing camera

- Front parking sensors but side ones useful so got park assist for a bit more. Sometimes use park assist.

- Blind spot/crossing alert and active lane guidance - so also had smart light assist too for another £100. So you can have full beam on more often even with approaching cars, catching up to cars, etc.

- Dynamic Chassis Control 

Other options that were a no brainer and free or cheap:

- Rear wiper

- Different wheel design (Pegasus)

- Paddle shift for DSG

- Spare wheel

I've not used the spare wheel yet thankfully but did get a screw in a front wheel but that was repairable. Pulling out the screw would have led to rapid deflation.

Options I'd have liked:

- True TPMS

- Digital dials

- Plugin hybrid

- Climate seats (should have added this)

Edited by rtj70

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2018 at 09:04, BriskodaJeff said:

Surprised by this Edd, since my Canton is night and day different from the normal stereo on my old Mk2 Superb. Have you tried playing with the settings / sound modes? It's worth spending some time on it. Another thing that made a huge difference for me was to set it to optimise for driver. I also use an SD card (flac files) and the sound quality is fantastic. 

Well I’m having to eat my words this week on the Canton. 

Certain songs didn’t seem to make much difference but on the other hand there are songs that sound brilliant. 

I played some of my old school 1990’s tracks today and the bass reminded me of being in a nightclub back in the day. 

Impressed. :clap:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EddGee said:

Well I’m having to eat my words this week on the Canton. 

Certain songs didn’t seem to make much difference but on the other hand there are songs that sound brilliant. 

I played some of my old school 1990’s tracks today and the bass reminded me of being in a nightclub back in the day. 

Impressed. :clap:

Also, if you mostly drive on your own (or your passengers won’t notice :D) change the optimisation to Driver rather than All if you haven’t already done so. 

• Like 1