Steering Wheel Right Knurl wheel stopped working

Steering Wheel Right Knurl wheel stopped working 

Working one day... stopped the next...

Cars booked in for Wednesday for a few other things too - one more for the list.

Excuse my daughters singing :)

Edited by RickTT

Mine occasionally plays up but nothing as bad as in your video. Maybe one or two blips it doesn't respond. Not enough for me to bother the dealer with at the moment. If what was happing in your video to mine I'd be straight down to dealer to show them that and get it replaced.

• Like 1

Yup - its going in on Wednesday with a list of things...  getting sick of it now

and on the way home... worse than yesterday..

Edited by RickTT

1 hour ago, l4wrence said:

Let me know how you get on. I may need to do the same at some point.

Works perfect again this morning... Lol... Least I have the video to show the dealer !

Well I've found mine intermittent, it works most of the time, but not as unresponsive as in your video. I've got 5yr warranty so I'm not desperate to get fixed yet.

It will be interesting to see how they approach it if a fix is decided - whole new wheel or just the cluster of buttons affected.

Edited by l4wrence

Mine stopped working and then started again, it's been fine for a few months now.  I did mention to the dealer when I booked it in for some warranty work but they gave me an option of a diagnostic check at a cost which would be refunded if it was found to be faulty and covered by the warranty.  To be fair to the dealer an intermittent fault is the worst kind to deal with with no outcome that they can charge to the warranty.

At the end of the day it started working again so i didn't bother which avoided the hassle of the 'small print warranty' discussion.  

I had a problem with the left one,I couldn't get the volume on. This was intermittent as well. I ended up getting a software update and out has only not worked once in five months.

I have a similar problem with this same wheel, similarly intermittent. Will ask the dealer to look at it when I take it in for the front park assist not working.

• 5 months later...

What I am interested is if you can by just the 'Knurl' part on its own

For some reason, and I have never figured out as to why the one of the drivers side has a little piece of plastic missing from it like it had an impact from something...

Doesn't affect the usability but its send my OCD into overdrive  

• 9 months later...

I'm having exactly the same issue on my 66 plate SEL. And intermittent - which is frustrating! I'll take a video of it not working, and reference this forum thread, for when it is looked at under warranty in a couple of weeks time. Have others encountered this fault / had the knurl wheel replaced?

I had an issue with my last Superb where the right hand button on the wheel - to select menu - would sometimes not respond. 

I forgot about it by by the time it was due for a service. 

My new Superb has ‘infotainment’ issues - satnav not starting and phone unavailable. Took it in on Friday and they said there is an issue, but they need Skoda Technical to tell them what to do and they will need it for two days!

5 hours ago, AlecM said:

I'm having exactly the same issue on my 66 plate SEL. And intermittent - which is frustrating! I'll take a video of it not working, and reference this forum thread, for when it is looked at under warranty in a couple of weeks time. Have others encountered this fault / had the knurl wheel replaced?

All you need to do is do a couple of videos of your own not working and show the dealer when you book the car in under warranty.

What i have noticed over recent words, as soon as you start mentioning forums they get cagey.

On 19/03/2018 at 08:54, RickTT said:

Excuse my daughters singing :)

Perfect contrast. I love the carefree sounds from the back seat while dad is fretting over details in the front. The innocence of youth! ;) 

Edited by digifish