Karoq tv advert

Nicky_P

But there Is a stigma still with buying or having a Skoda, I have had all the jokes “what do you call a Skoda with a sun roof”. ...... a skip, “how do you double a Skodas value”.......... Put petrol in. And that’s off my wife alone, others have said “your buying a Skoda” etc.

So whether it’s badge snobbery or what it’s is just peoples perception still. 

I have been a passenger and driven Skoda lease cars in the past and was impressed, the Karoq just fits the bill for me and I have very broad shoulders. Maybe Skoda recognises the stigma too, anyway I like Paloma Faith and the advert.

Edited by Karman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 06/04/2018 at 20:34, OldKaroq said:

My present car is a Kia, a brand I would never have bought  years ago.

Yes I was a bit slow to catch on to Kias being pretty decent these days.

What a did notice immediately after that was that while they are not rubbish any more neither are they particularly cheap these days.

24 minutes ago, Octy0GG said:

What a did notice immediately after that was that while they are not rubbish any more neither are they particularly cheap these days.

Good point how Kia's no longer cheap. Bought wife Picanto 1.1 with Metallic paint and Air Con for less than £6,200 in March 2009. Wonder how much similar car would cost now. Probably over £9,000.

55 minutes ago, Octy0GG said:

I agree. The Kia Sportage I have presently is well made and has a quality feel about it. But let down by poor engines and economy. And yes, no longer cheap!!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the ad and the music is really catchy (probably my age) The only thing I don't get is why they picked such an uninspiring, boring colour to showcase their new car!!

I would say because ever other car advert being shown is going bright, you can have all these choices, FIAT, SUZUKI, KIA, etc, 

But here is what we have,

Grey but look at it, solid, smart, the advert and the celebrity is bright the car is just great but Grey.

(other colours and Skoda models available.)

Be quick as order books are closing, we have not sorted out the emission / consumption testing yet.....

It is getting the advert in your head, then you recognise the Emblem,  a Skoda Emblem,  you are looking for cars, you visit the showroom with the emblem.

Maybe you end up at the Vauxhall one, easy mistake.   But they have big RED letters  not GREEN ones on the sign.