Panoramic roof and glasses

I have a 7 seat edition on order, with panoramic roof amongst other options. It was a stock car as I was unable to do a factory order due to the 1.4 engines being discontinued.

I therefore haven't paid much attention to the panoramic roof although have it on my current car and it's a nice extra to have.

Am I right in thinking that I lose the classes holder with the roof? Would anyone be able to post a picture of the roof control panel with panoramic roof fitted? Thanks.

Certainly looks like the glasses compartment is lost...

Capture.JPG.07d64b4b2f6ff3f9bbad5a3a145396b9.JPG

5abe9edb4fae0_Capture1.JPG.f477278bfdce42b23c0cd01678aa4fcf.JPG

The two buttons that operate the sun shade seem to have taken its place...

5abe9fa33b6fb_Capture2.JPG.56c95a8fd839b73a33cce97becc22899.JPG

Better to wait for someone who knows for sure though :)

Edited by silver1011

Yep, I went to the VW dealer to have a look, first question asked by the salesman, after having to request to see someone 3 times, was "It's an expensive car, would you like to look at something cheaper". No test drive without a full financial check first, just a horrible experience!

And a better price on the Skodiaq.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

Yep, I went to the VW dealer to have a look, first question asked by the salesman, after having to request to see someone 3 times, was "It's an expensive car, would you like to look at something cheaper". No test drive without a full financial check first, just a horrible experience!

And a better price on the Skodiaq.

Sounds like my local dealer. Bought my Golf R elsewhere.

18 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

I have a 7 seat edition on order, with panoramic roof amongst other options. It was a stock car as I was unable to do a factory order due to the 1.4 engines being discontinued.

I therefore haven't paid much attention to the panoramic roof although have it on my current car and it's a nice extra to have.

Am I right in thinking that I lose the classes holder with the roof? Would anyone be able to post a picture of the roof control panel with panoramic roof fitted? Thanks.

YOU ARE CORRECT. WITH FACTORY SUN ROOF YOU WILL HACE LOST THE GLASSES STORAGE BOX. ALSO IF YOU HAVE ELECTRIC SEATS YOU WILL HAVE LOST THE PULL-OUT DRAWERS  UNDER THE FRONT SEATS. THESE ITEMS WERE MISSING ON MY EDITION KODIAC

Exactly the same at my local VW dealer. I was having a look at a Touareg with the family (admittedly was in their to look a the Touran Allspace) as a comparison with the Kodiaq. 

Sales guy came along and locked it up, saying - 'this is now sold'   Unbelievable - There is no chance I'd have bought a Touran from them if I ha decided to go down that route. 

17 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

No test drive without a full financial check first, just a horrible experience!

My time is precious and that's not something I'd endure as an initial part of a car purchase. Obviously they don't consider the customer to be king anymore!

17 minutes ago, john999boy said:

My time is precious and that's not something I'd endure as an initial part of a car purchase. Obviously they don't consider the customer to be king anymore!

It was the way they wanted me to rebook another date for a test drive. In a teacher so I went in during a holiday. They wanted me to return the following week for a test drive.... at 1pm. So back at work and in the middle of the school day. Complete disregard for my needs.

20 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

No test drive without a full financial check first

2 hours ago, Mark1982 said:

It was the way they wanted me to rebook another date for a test drive. Im a teacher so I went in during a holiday. They wanted me to return the following week for a test drive.... at 1pm. So back at work and in the middle of the school day. Complete disregard for my needs.

So, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, you've actually <ever so slightly> elaborated on the 'full financial check' element of the statement? :notme:

Just now, john999boy said:

So, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, you've actually <ever so slightly> elaborated on the 'full financial check' element of the statement? :notme:

Consider yourself corrected. I went in to look at the car. They wanted me to do figures and discuss pricing there and then, before any test drive. And if I passed the credit check etc they were happy to offer me a test drive the following week at a mutually inconvenient time.

Unless you were there and know different which seems to be your implication?

And yes it was truly bizarre, wanting to agree a price, deposit, monthly payments and mileage before letting me drive the Tiguan Allspace.

I asked how long the pre drive "discussion" would take.... Up to 2 hours sir..... I passed.

3 hours ago, jalma said:

ALSO IF YOU HAVE ELECTRIC SEATS YOU WILL HAVE LOST THE PULL-OUT DRAWERS  UNDER THE FRONT SEATS. THESE ITEMS WERE MISSING ON MY EDITION KODIAC

They were not 'missing' at all. If you look at the specifications, they clearly state that the Edition does not get the pull-out drawers under the seats.

5abfca34dda65_ScreenShot2018-03-31at18_49_08.png.29464006dd5a12a136ee2143511231ea.png

1 minute ago, WiggosSideburns said:

They were not 'missing' at all. If you look at the specifications, they clearly state that the Edition does not get the pull-out drawers under the seats.

5abfca34dda65_ScreenShot2018-03-31at18_49_08.png.29464006dd5a12a136ee2143511231ea.png

That's why I ignored the post..... Because it was wrong! Clearly the seat motors are in the space for the drawer!

32 minutes ago, Mark1982 said:

Consider yourself corrected. I went in to look at the car. They wanted me to do figures and discuss pricing there and then, before any test drive. And if I passed the credit check etc they were happy to offer me a test drive the following week at a mutually inconvenient time.

Unless you were there and know different which seems to be your implication?

I <mistakenly> thought you were using dramatic licence with regard to the circumstances! :blush

Maybe if they'd been more on the ball then your test drive could have gone ahead in the proposed two hour financial grilling session.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, john999boy said:

I <mistakenly> thought you were using dramatic licence with regard to the circumstances! :blush

I wish. Skodiaq is a better car anyway but couldn't believe how hard VW seemed to make it to buy a car from them!

15 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Give the guy a break, OK so he used the word 'missing' but I think we all knew what he meant.

True. But for someone considering the brand for the first time you don't really want them getting the idea that cars are delivered with bits missing!

O. M. F. G.

I'll give him half a point for a couple of the items, but most of them are either nit-picking, not reading the manual, or just downright wrong. And as for complaining that there is too much space in the 2nd row and that leads to kids' feet getting the front seats dirty...

On 3/31/2018 at 15:08, charlie71 said:

Exactly the same at my local VW dealer. I was having a look at a Touareg with the family (admittedly was in their to look a the Touran Allspace) as a comparison with the Kodiaq. 

Sales guy came along and locked it up, saying - 'this is now sold'   Unbelievable - There is no chance I'd have bought a Touran from them if I ha decided to go down that route. 

I had a similar experience when we visited a BMW showroom before we settled on a Karoq.

First question the 'salesman (AKA ASSHOLE) asked was 'How much money have you got to spend?'

Kitten and I just simply walked out without replying.   :dry:

Edited by Macdemon

16 hours ago, silver1011 said:

GREAT to hear from you again Roman, only the other day I was thinking about you haha :wondering:

After his 'negatives' clips I saw that he's done loads, although all the others focus on the positives.

A few good pointers, hitting the 'Rest' button on the Climate Control as you lock and leave the car (with a warm engine) continues to pump warm air into the cabin ready for when you return, thought that was neat!