Finally car collected

Nicky_P

Sure, I'll take some more pictures in the next days. The car will hopefully be accompanied by a salmon, because I'm going salmonfishing :biggrin: and I'll be aware of the next full moon 30 april.

Edited by Janse
missing words
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, skoda1982 said:

You have spare wheel it takes up a lot of space

Our two Yetis had spares so I've never known anything else. It's a trade off. I don't want a car without a spare, and the Karoq boot as is provides us with all the space we need.

Others have different needs.

On 15/4/2018 at 21:32, Bowdie said:

Velcro boot storage thingy's don't work very well with a rubber boot liner!!!

If I turn over the rubber boot liner I can use the velcro boot storage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Michael G said:

Our two Yetis had spares so I've never known anything else. It's a trade off. I don't want a car without a spare, and the Karoq boot as is provides us with all the space we need.

Others have different needs.

I was going to order the smaller 1 but to late cannot add extras now 

On 16/4/2018 at 21:58, fabman said:

If you get a bright sunny day. ,once in a blue moon I know for Denmark as been there many times for work #Vestas , can you take some more picture please :)

Here's a picture from a bright sunny day from salmonfishing at Skjern Aa. Unfortunately no salmon yet, but tomorrow ....:biggrin:

20180418_200737.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Janse said:

Here's a picture from a bright sunny day from salmonfishing at Skjern Aa. Unfortunately no salmon yet, but tomorrow ....:biggrin:

20180418_200737.jpg

Looks same sun but I expect a tad warmer than it was in February in your wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen :D

IMG-20180214-WA0041.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Janse said:

20180418_200737.jpg

Congrats on the car!

I have a question though, is that the lava blue color? If so, does it look green depending on the light outside?

7 hours ago, Razvus said:

Congrats on the car!

I have a question though, is that the lava blue color? If so, does it look green depending on the light outside?

Yes its lava blue. It can have a blue-green sheen depending on the light. I haven't seen a color that changes that much.

Whoa! That is the BIGGEST car aerial that I have ever seen!!! :biggrin: 

Great colour Janse. When it looks different in different lights I think it makes the car so much more interesting.

Im hoping for the same with the business grey that I ordered. Only a matter of a week or so now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Janse said:

Yes its lava blue. It can have a blue-green sheen depending on the light. I haven't seen a color that changes that much.

Thanks. I ordered the same color and currently waiting for delivery. I've been trying to show my girlfriend the tone of the color by spotting a Kodiaq with the same one. Each time we saw one it was more green than blue...so she is convinced that it's going to be mostly green.

Edited by Razvus

4 hours ago, Janse said:

Our last Yeti was cappuccino beige. Depending on the light, it ranged from a pale taupe to silver. 

On 18/04/2018 at 20:15, Janse said:

20180418_200737.jpg

Thanks for photo , looks great in the sunlight , hope your happy with it ?

• Like 1

@Macdemon Is peace restored in your galaxy?

I should think so, looking at your car! Good choice, I like the blue / beige combo. I would never have thought...... Just needs imagination!

First thoughts please!

Nothing short of EXCELLENT.

Drive home very smooth, car seemed to 'glide' rather than drive.

Kept spotting Yetis' on the way home haha

Added a couple of DAB radio channels into the memory, but not sure how or when the station ident images will appear.

Need to test out the LED headlamps tonight to haha

Still need to set up the 'key personalisation' and read a bit of the manual too.

VERY pleased with it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, fabman said:

Thanks for photo , looks great in the sunlight , hope your happy with it ?

I am very happy with the car. It has a smooth drive and I really enjoy the silence in the cabin / undisturbed music :) Today I used the tow bar for the first time, it did its job quite well. But it is a new experience to back with a trailer when you only can see it via the camera!

1 minute ago, Panther_uk said:

Nice, is that Business Grey ? very nearly opted for that, but your relieved it's finally here !!

Yes Business Grey.  I do like the colour. Pleased with the way it looks, but more importantly the way it drives. Im sold on DSG now!

8 minutes ago, OldKaroq said:

Yes Business Grey.  I do like the colour. Pleased with the way it looks, but more importantly the way it drives. Im sold on DSG now!

I always said I would NEVER have a manual (so did all my friends), but after driving my Fabia vRS back in 2012 I could never go back to a manual, and now all my mates have autos and so does the wife !

4 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

Glad to hear you're happy with your new car and agree, dsg is a fantastic gearbox.