Dashboard dial colour

Can someone confirm the current build dashboard dials colours? I've seen pictures of white on grey and also white on black (looking nicer and more modern in my opinion) 

IS this random or depending on when it was built? Thanks

To my knowledge the L&K versions has a different layout (white on grey) than "the rest" (white on black).

As above.  L&K and Sportline share the same dials.  White (actually more magnolia to my eyes) surrounds with a black background.

dsc_3035.jpg?itok=01qp1VSM

Other models are all black: 

superb-4x4-web-522.jpg?itok=_sBphaOn

6 hours ago, TonyTonic said:

Oh no, I want an L&K but the black dials are so much nicer

I think the sportsline dials look far nicer but I guess it’s all about personal preference 

13 hours ago, Dazkim said:

I think the sportsline dials look far nicer but I guess it’s all about personal preference 

Agreed on both points. Moving from an SII with black dials I much prefer the contrast of black and white in the L&K. Just a personal preference. Interesting that the Sportline uses the same dials - I would have expected Skoda to want to differentiate between it's "sportier" model and the more "sedate" flagship. 

4 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Agreed on both points. Moving from an SII with black dials I much prefer the contrast of black and white in the L&K. Just a personal preference. Interesting that the Sportline uses the same dials - I would have expected Skoda to want to differentiate between it's "sportier" model and the more "sedate" flagship. 

Am I understanding correctly that the L&K gets black/white dials? As in all black background....the grey with white letters looks a bit daft (to make it clear, I mean the second picture above)

Edited by TonyTonic

4 minutes ago, TonyTonic said:

Am I understanding correctly that the L&K gets black/white dials? As in all black background....the grey with white letters looks a bit daft

It looks exactly like Penguin's first picture above.

I didn't want to take L&K just because of dials ^^. Ended up taking almost all L&K has to offer with SE Exclusive (i think that's it, here its "Style"). I thought this is the thing you watch most often in your car. I really really dislike the L&K and Suportline ones. Blah

Also didn't need Columbus so that was reason too. If it would be some how possible I would love to change arrows to RED LED however. Something like Seat/Audi have. Looks much better than pure white ^^. 

Edited by JackySi
  • Like 1

Perhaps this is one area where the new and future "virtual cockpit" technology will be able to help. The concept of customised MFD screens replacing physical dials has been around in aviation for ages (though it costs an absolute fortune). In the automotive world Tesla seem to have pushed on with this from the few pictures I've seen on the web.

image.png.437b5bb48c327a54b972402b9b4ad5b3.png

I expect it to become more widely-available across the volume producers as the technology is proven and the prices come down. But I'm not holding my breath for something like this in the Superb range any time soon.

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Perhaps this is one area where the new and future "virtual cockpit" technology will be able to help. The concept of customised MFD screens replacing physical dials has been around in aviation for ages (though it costs an absolute fortune). In the automotive world Tesla seem to have pushed on with this from the few pictures I've seen on the web.

image.png.437b5bb48c327a54b972402b9b4ad5b3.png

I expect it to become more widely-available across the volume producers as the technology is proven and the prices come down. But I'm not holding my breath for something like this in the Superb range any time soon.

Apparently VW put a lot of R&D into the virtual cockpit and wanted to showcase it in the Golf 7 but Audi played VAG top trumps and VW had to let Audi use it first. 

I think Porsche were using a ‘lite’/hybrid  version of this before they were VAG owned with the Sat Nav screen being visible between sped and rev analog dials. 

At at least when Škoda get their hands on it it will be proven tech and bug free (or close to) 

At the end of the day it's only the same as changing the skins on your mobile phones apps.  Many home developers have altered these with ease, if only the car manufacturers would allow some leeway.

Totally disagree. The white/silver surround looks far better than the plain boring all black and white dials which I think look a bit cheap. Still each to their own.