DSG Stainless Steel pedal covers

Vectis

I fancied some stainless steel pedal covers just to set everything off but was put off by the price when I came across these on ebay after a lot of searching and messaging and they worked out at £27.39 delivered after paypals exchange rate so I thought considering that the golf and many others use the same platform as the Karoq I'd take a chance. They arrived in under a week and have vag part numbers marked on them and going by the quality look genuine to me, see attached pictures. I pulled the brake pedal off from the top right corner and put the replacement on the bottom edge first and just eased it up and the location pins just popped in, took 30 seconds. The accelerator was a bit harder but in the end I put a little fairy liquid down the left side, then fitted the top right corner and slid the right side in, then I used a small allen key to lift the rubber over the pedal and just worked the left side on. The fairy liquid dries over night so no worries there. Here's a link to the pedals on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GTI-Audi-S-Line-Seat-R-Skoda-RS-Sportpedale-Pedalabdeckung-DSG-RHD/112551532469?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I must appologise for not cleaning the mats:biggrin:

Pedals 2 (2).jpg

Pedals 2 (1).jpg

Pedals 4 (2).jpg

Pedals 4 (1).jpg

Pedals 6 (1).jpg

Edited by Vectis
added link
  • Like 4

I don’t believe it .......a £27,000 car and put off by the £27 pedal covers,you just lost 100x that when you picked up the car.

23 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

put off by the £27 pedal covers

Well, that is the eBay price - I think Skoda wants to lighten your wallet by £100 if you add them on the configurator

1 hour ago, Sad555 said:

I don’t believe it .......a £27,000 car and put off by the £27 pedal covers,you just lost 100x that when you picked up the car.

Who was put off by the £27?

I got some if these for my Octavia because my shoes kept slipping off the OEM rubber pedals.  The chrome pedals work much better for me, and from what I can see the part numbers are the same as those for the Karoq so I'm switching them over when I hopefully pick up my Karoq at the end of this week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Panther_uk said:

Fingers crossed Englando :thumbup:

Thanks Panther_uk but unfortunately my case manager has just told be there's a backlog at Sheerness and now it won't likely be delivered until early next week :-(

There ought to be a matching RHD DSG footrest coming through at some point. I'll keep an eye open and post back here if I spot any.

• Like 1

On 05/04/2018 at 14:57, Panther_uk said:

Umm indeed. If they fit, that wouldn't be *too* bad a price for the full RHD DSG set of all 3. The LHD version Superskoda lists is a rectangular shape on the footrest, but I assume that's because it sits by the LH driver's door instead of the console as here.

My footrest is definitely the arrow shape.

Feel free to buy the set Panther and let us know :D

IMG_20180406_175747.jpg

Edited by Michael G
Sp.

2 hours ago, Michael G said:

Umm indeed. If they fit, that wouldn't be *too* bad a price for the full RHD DSG set of all 3. The LHD version Superskoda lists is a rectangular shape on the footrest, but I assume that's because it sits by the LH driver's door instead of the console as here.

My footrest is definitely the arrow shape.

Feel free to buy the set Panther and let us know :D

Umm indeed - it was the item location - HK, China - that put me off.

Edited by Arkaig
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arkaig said:

Umm indeed - it was the item location - HK, China - that put me off.

Ah, didn't spot that. Bit more hidden on the eBay app :sadsmile:

Reading through the description it seems like they are made by themselves. I messaged them and they want £36 for the footrest on it's own. To be honest I'm not that bothered about the footrest.

• 4 weeks later...

Still pondering the footrest. Meanwhile stirred myself sufficiently to get these on.  Thanks for the inspiration Vectis :thumbup:

IMG_20180505_113938.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael G said:

Still pondering the footrest. Meanwhile stirred myself sufficiently to get these on.  Thanks for the inspiration Vectis :thumbup:

IMG_20180505_113938.jpg

Did you have a hell of a job getting the throttle on?

1 minute ago, TumnusCat said:

Did you have a hell of a job getting the throttle on?

Followed Vectis' lead, but in the end, it was so hot the gas one just pushed over and on.

Brake was easy.

2 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Followed Vectis' lead, but in the end, it was so hot the gas one just pushed over and on.

Brake was easy.

The Allen key tip saved me. That and washing up liquid.

• Like 2