[HOW TO] Remove Front Bumper and headlights Skoda Fabia MK3 2018 model 1.0 TSI 95 BHP

Cown

First off, let me start by writing, that i am sorry. A few good pictures are missing and i do not know what happen to them, so this might not be the _complete_ guide i hoped for, but at least it will get you very far.

Everything you see was performed by a professional aka not me. Removing the front bumper is essential to removing the headlights to install HID/Xenon or LED lights. This is the sole reason this was done.

I don't know the dimensions of the Torx screws, but they should be standard as with many other cars.

The car:

1.jpg

First off, removing screws underneath the car:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Few extra pictures:

extra1.jpg

extra2.jpg

Then removing the screws under the bonnet:

5.jpg

After that removing all screws in the wheel arch:

6.jpg 

7.jpg

Removing the plastic cover marked as blue will give some access to the bulbs and make it a bit easier to change them.

8.jpg

After removing all the screws in the wheel arch on both sides it should be easy to loosen it and gain access to the screws holding the front bumper.

9.jpg

There are two on each side and my mechanic spend a lot of time getting to the one in the back. There's no space and it requires very small hands. I've marked their approximate location as seen from the outside. 

10.jpg

Now the front bumper can be removed. You might need to use a little force.

Only 3 screws hold the headlight in place:

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Remember to disconnect the wires to the headlight. 

Edited by Cown

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, AGFalco said:

Lower grill ( below the number plate ) No.

Thanks, AG Falco

I want to swap out the upper grill on a pre-facelift but want an idea about how to do it before I embark on taking it apart 

You undo the four Torx 25 bolts under the leading edge of the bonnet.

If you pull the grill forward you can see some of the barbed tongues that hold the grill in place all around the edge.

I don't know if you can get to all of them without removing the bumper first.

I found a small car trim removal tool useful to release the barbed tongues from the front of the bumper can work.

Thanks, AG Falco

• 4 weeks later...

some pics of those 2 screws you mentioned above holding the bump.

I found the best way to access them is to remove the 3 screws holding the headlight in place which will allow you to wiggle the headlight exposing those 2 screws. I found best way to loosen them is via a mix of from behind the wheel arch or from up above wiggling the headlight out the way.

For the passenger side, to use the above method you will need to move the battery AND battery tray, this will allow you to wiggle the headlight out the way to access those 2 screws

Screenshot_20210501-172007_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-172023_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-172037_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-172045_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-172053_Gallery.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi, sorry if this is a noob question, but do you need to remove the entire bumper to remove headlight unit? or can it be done jist by undoing the 3 bolts/torx screws? 

• 1 month later...