Few Little Problems

Rojer

Yer I just went for a walk down my road and can't find anything unfortunately, just one of those things as I was rushing. Hopefully I won't need to take the wheels off for a while lol. 

Spoken to Unit18 today and he has ordered me a proper Darkside delete. He did offer to replace the egr with another, but I said no I want a proper delete. They will ring once it comes in then I will be going down there and they can inspect/fit. Worryingly he said he will inspect the cctv because he has had staff before trying to trick him about broken parts and has had to install a good system. I did say if it wasn't broken by you then why didn't I get a phone call when it was discovered and asked about replacement etc instead of a cover up. He reassured me that's not how they work and will investigate. Time will tell.

Don't think Ross is still there tbh. 

Rang Unit18 today as i hadn't heard from them, the part has arrived so i asked will the cost of the part and labour be covered. The cost of the part yes but labour no, so i said i will collect the part and do it myself. Alistair then spoke to me and said no they have to fit it because they want to check and see if there is anything causing it to break and it's their remap so wants to protect their reputation. I then said OK fine, but if it was broken before (which i don't believe as it wasn't leaking) why didn't anyone ring me and tell me. He said they should of rang me and he apologised. He has made an exception for me in this case and will fit the part on a weekend because i can't have anymore time off work, but i am a bit upset that i have to pay for some labour when i'm pretty confident the part wasn't broken before. Just doesn't fill me with much confidence.

So overall a mixed bag, but i just want it sorted and to move on. I'm hoping the new part resolves some of my running issues.

I think Ross left years ago. That's really bad. Like I said previously I've had nothing but problems with them so much so that they never really fixed my car even after spending £1000s on it. For the car back and it broke again a few days later and had no more money to fix it so had to sell it. 

7 minutes ago, stevobeavo said:

I think Ross left years ago. That's really bad. Like I said previously I've had nothing but problems with them so much so that they never really fixed my car even after spending £1000s on it. For the car back and it broke again a few days later and had no more money to fix it so had to sell it. 

Sad to hear, i feel for you. I don't want this thread to turn into a Unit18 bashing thread, but i think it's also good to let others know mine or others experiences. I also don't want this to ruin my first Skoda experience. Once it has been fitted i will go from there and see how the car performs. Will be inspecting the turbo this weekend as i think the whistling is a sign of failure. 

Hi Rojer,

I had a Mk1 Fabia 1.4tdi for several years, 04 plate, door seals leaked, my local garageman advised get a small piece of plastic sponge in a lidded tub, some olive oil, wipe all around all 5 door seals with the oil weekly for a month or two, it rejuvenates the squashed seals and leaking stopped.

Also had musty smell with current Roomster, usually comes from the aircon, I did get local Skoda dealers to run a refresh/debug aerosol through system, plus run aircon for at least 10mins a week to keep the seals lubricated. Not sure if VRS Fabia has aircon........ don't think my basic Fabia did.

Second the advice to check within driver door wiring gaiter, have had similar weird electrical faults related to broken wires in the Roomster tailgate gaiter, got excellent SENCOM German-made repair kit online, easy fit by local garageman, no further bother!

My Roomster 1.9tdi PD has variable-nozzle turbo, controlled by that big flat multi-piped black box at back LHS underbonnet, was doing big sighing noise every time I switched engine off. Replacement box fitted, all hoses checked, all A-OK.

Hope you get your issues sorted.  I had the Fabia remapped by RS Tuning in Leeds, the Roomster by Darkside.  No issues with either, and MPG improved, Fabia 76.5mpg summer average, Roomster 66mpg summer, tank full-to-tank full. Supermarket fuel plus Millers fuel additive, also their engine oil.  No stuff deleted on the Roomie, did get cat core removed on the Fabia.  Old -style wastegated turbo on the Fabia.

Richard.

2 hours ago, RichardatWakefield said:

Hi Rojer,

I had a Mk1 Fabia 1.4tdi for several years, 04 plate, door seals leaked, my local garageman advised get a small piece of plastic sponge in a lidded tub, some olive oil, wipe all around all 5 door seals with the oil weekly for a month or two, it rejuvenates the squashed seals and leaking stopped.

It's hardly ever the door rubbers where Fabias leak, it's the seals behind the metal ancillaries carriers. Putting stuff on the rubber door seals will do nothing to stop that.

Edited by TMB

Yer what TMB said, thanks for the advice tho Richard. The rear doors are all good now, need to wash the car to double check. I will need to give the carpet a scrub and service the aircon, that is on my list of jobs. I will get round to checking the door wiring once i get another multi meter as mine is broken. The vacuum box on mine is all good. Right now im more concerned about turbo whistling away so will check that as a priority.

Update time.

Back to unit18 this morning and egr delete fitted. Didn't take long and I wasn't charged anything in the end which was nice. We had a chat about other things on the car and we went for a drive in it and he confirmed the turbo is on the way out. So now I have to decide if I wanna spend the money on a turbo and probably clutch and flywheel in the future or just move on. :(