Navigation start-up time

I've noticed over the past few weeks that the Columbus seems to be taking longer to fire up. The spinning wheel and navigation start-up message is there for at least 20 seconds after the initial boot-up screen, even out in the open. Am I just getting more impatient, or is this longer than yours takes? If it is longer, any tips to remedy (software update, aerial problem)? Thanks. 

I've also noticed this, only occurred after I did the maps update from the  Skoda site. Was much quicker before that. I think there is another maps update due in May.

The Columbus in my Mk2 takes about 5 minutes to be properly usable!  20 seconds will be excellent for me!  I'll keep an eye on the Mk3 (pick it up Saturday) for a week or so and then re-post here.

Mine seems to be taking ages to work lately. I was wondering if it needed an update?

I also found my sat-nav was unable to find a destination today. I tried the name of the place, the full address and the postcode but there was nothing forthcoming from the sat-nav.

11 hours ago, Sagalout said:

Mine has always taken 15-20 seconds to wake up.  (my17)

+1.
mine usually takes between 20-30 seconds if i haven't driven within the last half-hour.

if i drive, say within 20-30 mins from the last time i drove, the nav is instantly available.

my maps were updated, via the portal, in March this year.

Edited by JR RS