Build week 15 edition

George1468

Mine is the same spec as yours & was BW15, but I think it only went into production at the end of the week/beginning of week 16.

Who advised you re. the delay? My dealer has given me zero updates, unless prompted, so I've been messaging Skoda through Facebook instead! 

I've just remembered that Skoda said to allow 2 weeks for my car to be built... I wonder if the phone box is the reason for that timeframe? I did ask them about the phone box issue, but they simply advised to contact my dealer.

I rang my dealership on Friday, was told he was busy with a customer & would ring me back. Still waiting! :wondering:

Edited by anna_banana

I hope you have better luck than me.  Mine was completed in the first week of March and I’m still waiting for it to be handed over. Thought I would get it today, but reckoned without Skoda’s apparent talent to screw things up.

2 minutes ago, Murph-E said:

Must be to do with the phone box add-on. My wk14 build is in the UK already but still looks like I'm two weeks away from being able to pick it up.

Your lucky as my week 14 build still hasn't been released from the factory and Skoda told my dealer that it won't be released until the end of this week or the end of next week. Even though they have a fix for the phone issue and are doing this at factory. 

Sorry for late reply it's to do with phone box and dvla will not tax cars until fix in uk? so I've seen on this site. But my car is at factory not being released until fix my dealer is quite hopeful that my car will be ready middle of next month fingers crossed. Will give him ring tomorrow will post what he has to say as some dealers don't keep you informed   

I emailed my dealer earlier, as obviously wasn't getting a call back.

Quick response received, but not good news:

"Unfortunately your car is going to be delayed I'm afraid, I'm in the process of ringing all my customers affected tonight. Hopefully, it won't be too long though! I'm hoping it'll be a matter of weeks." :crying:

My 1.5 TSI Edition arrived in the UK his week and I had a call from my dealer asking if I was happy to have it delivered with the wireless charger disconnected. I said no problems as I don’t have a compatible phone. Car is being delivered to me on Monday.

Got a good update from skoda uk today my car is being built this week ? then I said no it was built in week 15 see then said no last Friday week 16 because of fix on phone box ? So then said why did they tell me it was built in week 15 after 30 seconds silence she said it will be built by Friday ? so I think a little trip to dealer the weekend see what they have to say ?:crying::angry::blush:

I've now been told by my dealer that my car will be delayed because of this phone box issue. No idea how long this delay will be for, nor where my car us up to in its build. I messaged Skoda thro Facebook today, to ask for more info and they've taken my details so that Customer Care can contact me. Something tells me that's not a good thing...

2 minutes ago, anna_banana said:

I've now been told by my dealer that my car will be delayed because of this phone box issue. No idea how long this delay will be for, nor where my car us up to in its build. I messaged Skoda thro Facebook today, to ask for more info and they've taken my details so that Customer Care can contact me. Something tells me that's not a good thing...

Phonebox issue sounds all a reasonably quick fix so I wouldn’t worry too much. 

The current fix is to disable the signal booster and those of us with cars already delivered will have a recall for something more permanent at some time. Assuming Skoda already  has a modified phone box, I guess there will be no delay for cars now being built. If not, it may take longer......

Just dropped into the dealers today, to be told my Edition came in yesterday and will be ready for collection on Wednesday afternoon, but he said" sadly we cannot register the car as Skoda has put restrictions on them being able to register it until the dealer has verified that the mobile booster has been removed" I said" Well I need to have a written document stating if they are going to repair this issue later or is this going to be dissabled for the lifetime of the vehicle" it seems that No one seems to know anything... no matter Wednesday is going to be a good day :)