New blades

3 minutes ago, davidwhite said:

Is there not a hook over plastic attachment on the existing blades ( sort of slides into the hook on the end of the wiper arms )

On my existing blades, yes, they are fitted onto the hook arms, does the hook arm attachment come off so that I can fit them onto these new blades? I've not looked at them yet! These new ones look like they get attached to a pin arm? Think I've been sent the wrong ones!

I'd check against the ones on your car 

I think the ones I have as universal replacements have multi option attachments included with instructions ( only bugger is I don't own a mk1 Fabia anymore !!  Sizes are 19 and 21 inch )

52 minutes ago, Gingepd100 said:

Been sent the wrong ones! Bas***ds!

There should be a kit of parts for different fitments, have you checked the packaging?

I'm not trying to be facetious but we've had people from Zummerzet on here before, pointing at planes and ducking witches.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

There should be a kit of parts for different fitments, have you checked the packaging?

I'm not trying to be facetious but we've had people from Zummerzet on here before, pointing at planes and ducking witches.

No fella, clearly no fitments with packaging otherwise I wouldn't have posted. I have clearly been sent the wrong ones. 

Facetious would imply humour, inaccurate stereotyping is a poor attempt. This is the second time you have commented on my posts with no helpful input, if you don't intend to help, just don't comment. This is a forum for fabia owners looking for information, support and help, if you have none of these then why are you here? 

1 minute ago, Gingepd100 said:

No fella, clearly no fitments with packaging otherwise I wouldn't have posted. I have clearly been sent the wrong ones. 

Facetious would imply humour, inaccurate stereotyping is a poor attempt. This is the second time you have commented on my posts with no helpful input, if you don't intend to help, just don't comment. This is a forum for fabia owners looking for information, support and help, if you have none of these then why are you here? 

Dude, come ON! It was humour, jesus, I'd forgotten you were such a STIFF!

Please lighten the **** up, look at my post count and go through a few, you'll see I do try to help but I have a tongue in cheek sense of humour.

@Gingepd100If you click on your own name in the top right corner of the page (on a computer, not sure when browsing on a phone), there's a dropdown that includes the option "Ignored Users".

Select that and add the name of anyone whose input you don't wish to see any further...

8 minutes ago, Wino said:

@Gingepd100If you click on your own name in the top right corner of the page (on a computer, not sure when browsing on a phone), there's a dropdown that includes the option "Ignored Users".

Select that and add the name of anyone whose input you don't wish to see any further...

That's nasty, underhand and unnecessary, it was obviously humour.

I will NEVER post in his threads again, I've marked the name and he's on his own. End of.

1 minute ago, sepulchrave said:

That's nasty, underhand and unnecessary

Your opinion, just giving the chap options...

If you stopped being rude to people and concentrated on being helpful, this sort of thing wouldn't keep happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Your opinion, just giving the chap options...

If you stopped being rude to people and concentrated on being helpful, this sort of thing wouldn't keep happening.

I wasn't being rude and you fullwell know it, you could easily have helped me out, instead you felt you needed to be an ass. That's nasty, we've known each other a long time, you're a colleague and there's absolutely no need for it.

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Disagree.

Weasel, you absolutely knew I was kidding around. This new guy is way too sensitive, I gave him good advice in his interior light thread, he just threw it back at me. You're a weasel, I'm out.

Not read any of Sepulchrave's posts previousely but I can see both sides here. I see the somewhat blisteringly poor sarcasm is meant to pass for humour but I can also see that it was quite close to being offensive, too. (As all good comedy is).  You only need to look at the caption under his user name about another idiot driver, to see the humour. 

That said, Gingpd100 had a question and did deserve an answer, with perhaps sarcasm being a little more restrained. Especially by someone from Brighton, of all places! I am surprised your wrists are not too limp to type!    (Now THAT is how you do comedy)! 

Blimey... Those came thick and fast! I was just trying to make a jovial remark to ease the situation and found it has escalated. Deep breath everyone, count to ten and... I'm sorry. Now lets all say it and be friends again.

1 minute ago, mrgf said:

Blimey... Those came thick and fast! I was just trying to make a jovial remark to ease the situation and found it has escalated. Deep breath everyone, count to ten and... I'm sorry. Now lets all say it and be friends again.

We crossed posts, that's why I added the word Sep after I saw yours, I wasn't answering your post.

Edited by Wino
  • Like 1

Right back to OP's topic

if you want I could photo the blades I have including box packaging I bought them in good faith as spares for my wife's previous mk1 Fabia hatch ( gone and wish I'd kept it but.... ) so I think they are the correct ones bit hard to be 100% sure without the car to offer them against ?

Thank you wino, once again proved yourself to be a top chap! You've helped me before and it's good to see that I'm not alone in my thoughts about sepulchrave. Being patronising, disrespectful and offensive towards me, on two occasions, warranted me to respond and defend myself. 

I admit it's a minor issue, I ordered wipers and turns out the company sent the wrong ones. Before going through the effort of returning the wipers, I thought I would ask on this lovely forum whether there was an adapter or attachment I could use, only to be met with rudeness by a certain someone. 

Never mind, it's only wipers, I'll get them changed.

Thanks again to those who have been helpful. 

• Like 1

A few months ago a Member had problems with a permanent drain on the battery with the car parked overnight. I suggested using a Direct Current low reading clampmeter,on the positive battery lead. Members were trying to use a normal multimeter,on the low current range without success.Using an auto range meter will be  even worse. 'Sepulchrave' replied to my post with a  rude and   made untrue comments  to the effect that a DC clampmeter could not read very low currents. Having worked a number of years as a Test Gear Engineer  in a very well known Instrument Company. His answer  was crap.

Well Done  'Wino'  for puting him down,he needed it .I must admit I could not even bother to reply to him. This Forum is for like minded people who need help,and willing to give contructive help to others.

Edited by AndyPandy
  • Like 1

Wow, this is personal, who's next to clamber out of the woodpile because I corrected a technical error and someone got butthurt, or someone was offended by an obvious joke?

It's pretty dumb when people start to dogpile on one guy. Get some perspective.