Octavia vRS TDI remap

Attached is the graph after my recent remap. Car made 210hp and 45ft. I'm happy with the result in general but I was hoping if others can share their graphs to compare. My knowledge on diesel cars is not that good and I wonder if holding peak power for longer is a matter of fine tuning or do diesel engines simply "die off" like that after they have reached the top? By the way some minor adjustments were made in order to get a smoother graph here and there. 

20180429_230043.png

• Like 1

On 29/04/2018 at 21:11, 32KOFDATA said:

Attached is the graph after my recent remap. Car made 210hp and 45ft. I'm happy with the result in general but I was hoping if others can share their graphs to compare. My knowledge on diesel cars is not that good and I wonder if holding peak power for longer is a matter of fine tuning or do diesel engines simply "die off" like that after they have reached the top? By the way some minor adjustments were made in order to get a smoother graph here and there. 

that looks like a conservative remap? could you have safely gone 20hp more?

I think too that it is on the conservative side, tuner is known to make "safe" tunes and when asked to push it a bit more he only gave me 5-6hp more.

Beyond that I was told car would not be economically efficient and longevity would be compromised.

I don't mind it to be honest, what I do mind is how it delivers the power.

There's not much you can do without changing components.

Original high pressure pump is good for around 220hp and its capasity starts to limit the power shortly after that.

And the original turbo is also quite near the limit with that power.

Pump was easy to change but to get a bigger turbo seems to be a problem.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/04/2018 at 22:25, Esseesse200 said:

Mine custom map from Shark performance. 96k miles on the clock. 

It is beautiful 

7E99EE15-7E33-4EA7-8F6F-0EBC5CA4ECEB.jpeg

We're your tyres shagged, that power at wheels line gets a little "unsmooth" around the 3k Mark but, as the torque is going south by that point, you'll be quicker & smoother on your tyres short shifting around 3k revs.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

We're your tyres shagged, that power at wheels line gets a little "unsmooth" around the 3k Mark but, as the torque is going south by that point, you'll be quicker & smoother on your tyres short shifting around 3k revs.

They were winter tyres on their last season lol. Yea 3k is dodo the sweet spot for changing. Does make it a totally different car 

On 29/04/2018 at 22:25, Esseesse200 said:

Mine custom map from Shark performance. 96k miles on the clock. 

It is beautiful 

7E99EE15-7E33-4EA7-8F6F-0EBC5CA4ECEB.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this graph, I will definitely be going to Shark in the new year once my VRS 184 DSG Estate is out of warranty. 

How are you getting on with the map, are those gains safe to be made and have you had any issues etc? 

Have you noticed any improvements to fuel consumption when driven normally? Is there anything else that I should be asking/ considering before taking the plunge?

Apologies for all the questions and thanks in advance. 

Just now, Fabia_19 said:

Thanks for sharing this graph, I will definitely be going to Shark in the new year once my VRS 184 DSG Estate is out of warranty. 

How are you getting on with the map, are those gains safe to be made and have you had any issues etc? 

Have you noticed any improvements to fuel consumption when driven normally? Is there anything else that I should be asking/ considering before taking the plunge?

Apologies for all the questions and thanks in advance. 

Hi mate. Absolutely no problems at all. Shark seem to have a great reliable system and knowledge to not push any components beyond their limits. Obvs it will work components harder and you’d be naive to not think that but not beyond their capabilities... Yes much better on fuel on a run. Regularly get 50mpg no bother. Went to Austria In Feb with roof box on and fully loaded with wife, kids and all the boarding gear and the whole journey ended up with 44mpg and that was not hanging around on the autobahn. Very very safe overtaking now. Had it mapped at about 95k miles and I’ve done over 15k miles with it mapped now and absolutely no issues and don’t expect any. Obvs clutch and flywheel at some point but that’s just because of mileage tbh.

just go for it. Their are obviously other companies out their that do mapping but I’d not go anywhere else than shark. They only do vag group and Volvo so focus all their time on that. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Esseesse200 said:

Hi mate. Absolutely no problems at all. Shark seem to have a great reliable system and knowledge to not push any components beyond their limits. Obvs it will work components harder and you’d be naive to not think that but not beyond their capabilities... Yes much better on fuel on a run. Regularly get 50mpg no bother. Went to Austria In Feb with roof box on and fully loaded with wife, kids and all the boarding gear and the whole journey ended up with 44mpg and that was not hanging around on the autobahn. Very very safe overtaking now. Had it mapped at about 95k miles and I’ve done over 15k miles with it mapped now and absolutely no issues and don’t expect any. Obvs clutch and flywheel at some point but that’s just because of mileage tbh.

just go for it. Their are obviously other companies out their that do mapping but I’d not go anywhere else than shark. They only do vag group and Volvo so focus all their time on that. 

Thanks for your reply, I had my previous Fabia 1.9TDi mapped by Shark in 2011 and it was brilliant made the car much better, recently swapped my Fabia for the Octavia and feeling the need for a map once it's out of warranty. Hoping that it will make the car much better!

Is yours the DSG? If so did you have the DSG mapped as well or just the Stage 1. Did you go to their Mansfield branch and how long did it take? I'm hoping an offer may come up soon! 

Thanks again.

Mines a manual and yea had it done at Mansfield. Took about 90mins to write the map and upload it and about 40 mins on the dyno. They’ll maybe do an offer running up to Christmas as that’s when I had mine done