Octavia 3 FL (MY2018) mods

Hi guys,

I've tried to do with OBDeleven using the below instructions this activation but I cannot find "Select Slave Module WWS371". Any ideeas? Thanks.

Front Teardrop Wipe

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

07 - Coding

Select Slave Module WWS371

Long Coding Helper

post-61868-0-79327700-1456595353_thumb.png

Enable Byte 0 Bit 3

post-61868-0-04803300-1456595288_thumb.png

Enable Byte 2 Bit 5

post-61868-0-01892700-1456595325_thumb.png

24 minutes ago, ccosmin said:

Hi guys,

I've tried to do with OBDeleven using the below instructions this activation but I cannot find "Select Slave Module WWS371". Any ideeas? Thanks.

Front Teardrop Wipe

07 - Coding

Select Slave Module WWS371

Long Coding Helper

post-61868-0-79327700-1456595353_thumb.png

Enable Byte 0 Bit 3

post-61868-0-04803300-1456595288_thumb.png

Enable Byte 2 Bit 5

post-61868-0-01892700-1456595325_thumb.png

I posted these instructions a while ago in another thread.  It’s just the bullet points you need. 

• 5 months later...
On 17/05/2018 at 23:02, ccosmin said:

Managed to find the temperature setting in the end. They were in the “Static AFS light” adaption. Hard to find the little ******.

After setting the temperature as the manual stated the cornering worked.

Tomorrow the light bulb is arriving for the rear fog light, curios to see if it has one or not. Don’t want to disassemble the fog light until I have the bulb :)

Does your cornering fog also work when you activate the turn signal? (this should be the normal operation)

Mine works only when I turn the steering wheel, but does not activate with the turn signal.

Edited by kogabe

• 1 month later...

I have a 2017 SE-L and have activated the Steering Fog Lights. I have noticed that they operate with the steering wheel and they operate with the indicator when fully switched. They do not work with the convenience indicator function. Hope this helps.

On 17/12/2018 at 00:18, sgt1297 said:

I have a 2017 SE-L and have activated the Steering Fog Lights. I have noticed that they operate with the steering wheel and they operate with the indicator when fully switched. They do not work with the convenience indicator function. Hope this helps.

Thanks sgt1297!

Wow, you're the man, thanks!

Indeed it works, I always tried with the convenience indicator earlier :)

Activation of second rear fog.

I have a 2017 SE-L Estate RHD UK spec, with LED headlights and NON LED rear lights.

I found that only the right hand fog light came on but on checking established that there was a bulb fitted in the left hand cluster and could see it was not an LED through the lens.

I followed the initial steps to activate but nothing happened.

Then I found the key to the change that would activate it.

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Then look at both of the following settings to establish what the differences are.

Leuchte26NSL LA72 

Leuchte27NSL RC6

When viewing either of the above there are 3 values that will be different:

LASTTYP which will be the top value

LICHTFUNKTION either A26 or A27 

and

DIMMWERT AB26 or AB27

Whichever has the values in is the active lamp.

You need to make a note of them and make the other the same

The main one is the LASTTYP.

That indicates the type of lamp you have fitted. Right down the value as you will be looking for the same lamp on the other side.

All of the adaptations have suggested "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W"

This is a type of lamp and may not be the same as yours.

Once you select LASTTYP you will see a long list of different lamp types.

Select the one that matches the lamp you already have.

Then change 

Both  LICHTFUNKTION A26 and A27 to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt

and 

DIMMWERT either AB26 or AB27 which ever is the setting that is on 0 to match the other value. I found it to be 100.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/12/2018 at 15:20, sgt1297 said:

Activation of second rear fog.

I have a 2017 SE-L Estate RHD UK spec, with LED headlights and NON LED rear lights.

I found that only the right hand fog light came on but on checking established that there was a bulb fitted in the left hand cluster and could see it was not an LED through the lens.

I followed the initial steps to activate but nothing happened.

Then I found the key to the change that would activate it.

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Then look at both of the following settings to establish what the differences are.

Leuchte26NSL LA72 

Leuchte27NSL RC6

When viewing either of the above there are 3 values that will be different:

LASTTYP which will be the top value

LICHTFUNKTION either A26 or A27 

and

DIMMWERT AB26 or AB27

Whichever has the values in is the active lamp.

You need to make a note of them and make the other the same

The main one is the LASTTYP.

That indicates the type of lamp you have fitted. Right down the value as you will be looking for the same lamp on the other side.

All of the adaptations have suggested "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W"

Once you select LASTTYP you will see a long list of different lamp types.

Then change 

Both  LICHTFUNKTION A26 and A27 to Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt

and 

DIMMWERT either AB26 or AB27 which ever is the setting that is on 0 to match the other value. I found it to be 100.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to add that these instructions worked on my MY2018 vRS with LED rear clusters.

I found the two settings, found that LEUCHTE27 was fully populated, where as LEUCHTE26 was not.

Ensure that both were set the same - and now have both rear fogs working.

3 hours ago, ccosmin said:

OK I wanted to say that this works on Cars who drive on the left side of the road.... Enyone else managed to make it work?

If you are able to download the adpmap, should be pretty similar approach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2018 at 7:07 AM, ccosmin said:

OK I wanted to say that this works on Cars who drive on the left side of the road.... Enyone else managed to make it work?

About the activation of second rear fog lamps activation on Octavia MK3 facelift with full LED rear lamps (pr. number 8SP): Need replace right fog lamp and use RHD lamp on LHD cars, because of for LHD cars has been developed lamp without fog light LED module (due to lower price).  RHD cars are not so much quantity so they are using both lamp with LED module and here suffuce only activate second fog lamp. 

The part nr of RHD rear lamp: 5E5.945.712A - for limosuine (sedan, saloon car) ;    5E9.945.712A for combi (wagon, estate car).

If you have Octavia MK3 facelift with basic rear LED lamp - pr. number 8SK, then suffice only activate second rear fog lamp without any replacement.

Edited by MikimMB
  • Thanks 1

On 24/12/2018 at 07:07, ccosmin said:

It works well on my O3FL bought in Eastern Europe. I have the "normal" LED rear lights (LED position and brake light).

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I tried this mod for my Dad's car (French O3FL MY2018) today. All codes accepted, but no right rear fog light gets ON. All we get is this "Check right rear fog lamp" ont he Maxi DOT, as if the lamp was out of order... :wondering:

Unfortunately, we did not take the time to not the lamp P/N. I forgot this story of LHD / RHD and costs killing reasons. Shall we forget the mod? Or is there something I don't catch correctly.

Is there any delay before the mod is really activated? 

Thanks for your help. :hi:

10 hours ago, ccosmin said:

Apparently non UK cars do not have the second bulb. This is why you have the error. 

Would fitting the UK spec RH rear lamp cluster be a solution?

It's strange, because we noticed a full row of LED on an electronic board exactly as on the left side.

This is why I tried the mod.

I don't understand what could still be missing... :wondering:

Bap32

my only suggestion if you have followed the steps and you are satisfied that the lamp is actually fitted is to make sure you have the lamp type correct

The main section to check is the LASTTYP.

All of the adaptations have suggested "32 allgemeine LED bis 12W", but wasn't the same so I had to establish the type of lamp mine was listed as and make the opposite one the same.

Once you access LASTTYP you will see a long list of different lamp types.

hope this works for you.

To find out if the lamp is working you could perhaps swap the lamps just to make sure it is actually working. Skoda will not fit a lamp if it cannot be programmed to work!

@sgt1297 Thanks for your suggestion. :)

I stricly followed the procedure, but it didn't work unfortunately.

I also have "32 - algemeine LED bis 12W" on left cluster and I copied it on the right one.

Something odd I noticed is the "dimmwert" value on the left fog lamp is 127, whereas I was expecting 100 as a maximum value. I set the same value on the right lamp, this was not successful... 

May be a hard wire solution would work? But I don't know wich cable to plug from on the left side (should not be the most difficult to find, with a voltmeter), and which one to plug in on the right side. :wondering:

Edited by Bap33