vRS steering wheel

Hi guys, I caused a little bit damage to the bottom of my steering wheel from a broken zip on a thigh pocket on my shorts. Has anyone had a retrim done? How much did it cost? Would it be worth just buying a second hand replacement? 

Any thoughts please. 

1 hour ago, Boundy123 said:

Hi guys, I caused a little bit damage to the bottom of my steering wheel from a broken zip on a thigh pocket on my shorts. Has anyone had a retrim done? How much did it cost? Would it be worth just buying a second hand replacement? 

Any thoughts please. 

Haven’t had a retrim looked at one for my gti previously and, decided no matter how good a job it just wouldn’t look oem, so decided to replace the wheel, took a month or 2 to find an unmarked one at a breakers, but it kept the car original, which I preferred 

I’ve had my Mercedes wheel retrimmed by Hide’N’Seat and it is awesome. I am having the Octy one done when I can afford not to use the car for a week or so as the factory finish has degraded on mine. The quality of the leather and feel of the wheel is vastly superior. Cost was reasonable at £160.

790B053E-7ACD-4DAA-A04F-E5AA5D2C07B5.jpeg.070f4ab90ef1200d60b89d249a714dee.jpeg

Hi

Seat Surgeons in York would be able to do it for you.

Steve

I've had this issue on mine. It wasn't huge damage but i found that moisturising my hands before a drive and then massaging the scratch really helped. Now it is barely noticeable and is 95% smooth. Is it so bad you need to replace the wheel?