Starting Issue

Hi all, had a strange thing happen to my Kodiaq yesterday morning. Came to start it and it just kept turning over but wouldn't fire. Not even trying to. It did this 4 or 5 times. So whilst on the phone to work to tell them I'll be late and to skoda assist I thought I'd try it one last time. It started totally fine as I'd nothing was wrong and I've had no issues since. 

Anyone else had anything like this? I got no fail lights or messages. It's a 2.0TDI Edition. 

Thanks 

James 

Mine wouldn't start at all one day last week. Got flat battery message had to jump start from the Mrs' car. I'd left the dashcam turned on all night. I didn't think it would make a difference. It's the only thing that was on that isn't normally. It's been fine since.:dry:

• Thanks 1

Ah right OK well I've not had any issues with a flat battery message or loss of settings. It seemed quite strong when it was turning over. Strangely enough the technician at skoda mentioned the battery. I have to admit I just thought he was trying to fob me off but maybe he wasn't! I almost feel a bit guilty now :D

Well not had any issues since but it's booked in on 1st June to check it over. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'd read about the battery issue but mine was turning over perfectly fine. There was no sign of a flat or nearly flat battery. 

For some reason it just wouldn't fire. It's going in on Friday for them to check it out but I'm sure they won't find anything. 

Skoda's have always been very finicky with their batteries.

Ruling out a failing battery if it still spins the engine over with gusto is no longer possible.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted, let us know what the dealer finds...

17 hours ago, jamesdevon said:

Yeah I'd read about the battery issue but mine was turning over perfectly fine

So was the one in Autocar....

“Wurgh, wurgh, wurgh... “ wurgh, wurgh... brmmm”. On reflection, I can remember a few times that I wondered if the Kodiaq’s engine would fire but, despite these occasional longer-than-expected churns, it did always spring into life.

And then, one day, it didn’t.

Edited by gojoholo
add quote

• 2 years later...

I've experienced exactly the same issue. It's intermittent. Usually just leaving the car for a few minutes and then trying again makes it start normally.

See video of this happening here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/qBSQpGHBeszoxYuL6

I've already had my battery and PTC heater element replaced in warranty (see thread here)

I've also had my start/stop button replaced in warranty.