Rattley Front Windows

A request to check in your Octavias please. I assume all 2013+ Octavias have electric windows?

When your front windows are part way down, lets say a quarter way down, and you close the door, is the sound that you get quite rattley as though the window glass is not well secured and moving quite a bit as the door closes? Or that something else inside the door is moving about? 

This is what I'm experiencing. In other cars the window being open doesn't make much difference to the sound you get when you close the door, usually just a thud. In this case it's a thud and a deep rattle. The harder the door is shut, the more worrying the rattling sound that something's been or going to get damaged!

Is this normal or something I should get checked out?

+1 and also had it on my previous mk2 Octavia. It only gets worse with time. Though to be fair I had it for 11 years and nothing fell off so I guess you just get used to it since it's not really a fault. Must have something to do with (lack of) sound deadening.

Thanks all! Clearly this is a feature of the car "by design" which is what I thought.

None the less I did mention it to the service department when I went to pick the car up from service and they said they would look into it to see if there's any TPIs on it. 

The lovely lady did advise that if enough people have complained about it Skoda may have (or may have in future) a fix for it. Unlikely, I know, but worth raising with them none the less!

• 1 year later...