1.8 tsi DSG 2nd gear judder

What mileage,  65,000 

What mileage, when was the DSG last serviced?  - good question, I've only just bought the car (well 4 weeks ago). Is there a standard DSG service I can ask for at a dealer? If so what would the average cost be? 

27 minutes ago, wiilydog said:

Do you have a 6 speed or 7 speed dsg? As the 7 speed box does not require any oil service.

I'm confused now? So the fluid is lifetime fluid? Could there be another cause for the judder?

Edited by andybarsblade

So the DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG has 2 possible Service Campaigns. 

2009-2012/13 is '34F7'  the Synthetic Oil changed to Mineral & a Software update.

Rest of the World had a World Wide Recall, extended warranties and stuff,

just that Europe is not in the world, VW Group tell governments who is the boss....

(NZ Skoda called a proper Recall a Service Campaign and did the proper job. http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign 

Then 2013-2015 DQ200 from some plants & another Service Campaign started late 2016 /2017  '34H5' Software Update.   Both are free.

This UK VIN checker might show the '34F7' if outstanding.  *If a Service Campaign is carried out there should be a sticker in the Spare Wheel well beside the Build Sticker showing the date and where done.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

Edited by Offski

I have the 6 speed DSG, It always feels a little juddery in low gears. Mostly felt going from 2nd to 3rd. I had the DSG oil serviced and I had the software updated/reset. It still does it.

I think it is normal, something to do with hill stop/hold I think. No one has ever said to me it feels off and it has been driven by Skoda themselves various times.

No not normal only with ones not performing correctly or as designed by highly trained and qualified engineers no matter what any VW Group employees might say as being a characteristic.

As to a Wet Clutch DSG and a Dry Clutch one even though different, there is no need for it not to behave without issue.

2nd gear on my 6 speed is a little clunky... I changed the oil and filter a few months back, no change!

I can't put my finger on exactly what's different, but the change into and out of 2nd just doesn't seem quite as smooth.

2 hours ago, chrisund123 said:

2nd gear on my 6 speed is a little clunky... I changed the oil and filter a few months back, no change!

I can't put my finger on exactly what's different, but the change into and out of 2nd just doesn't seem quite as smooth.

Exactly the same as mine!