Calling vRS owners - Haynes Motor Museum and Fifth Gear

• Administrators

Hi all,

Had a request from Fifth Gear for an owner and car for some filming. The shoot is at the Haynes Motor Museum, the date is the Friday, 22nd of June.

The details and if you can make it, please contact me for more info and of course, who to actually contact ;)

On Friday 22nd June, we’re doing some filming down at The Haynes Motor Museum. As part of our shoot we’re looking to film with a good example of an Fabia vRS 2011/ 2010. I wanted to reach out to ask if any of your members might be interested.

Our presenter will want to drive the car (not stupidly) and we’ll arrange the insurance side of things. We’re not looking to interview the owners – we’re just looking for a nice car to film with for a couple of hours. We can cover expenses and fuel.

Is that you and your car?

Edited by ColinD

• Administrators

ok slight bump, it's now not the BMM, but the Haynes museum

@LGM I'd say as close to standard as looks go... probably not if it's radically different visually.

Drop Jordan an email  jordan.livermore [at] northonetv.com

• ColinD changed the title to Calling vRS owners - Haynes Motor Museum and Fifth Gear
1 hour ago, ColinD said:

ok slight bump, it's now not the BMM, but the Haynes museum

@LGM I'd say as close to standard as looks go... probably not if it's radically different visually.

Drop Jordan an email  jordan.livermore [at] northonetv.com

In that case I'll pass. Everything is standard visually apart from the alloys, I'm running TT comps. Thanks though.

OT, but maybe Haynes Manuals will include the 1.4 TSI 132kw Twincharger in the Fabia MK2 workshop manual....

You can always say, 

As seen being Driven by a Fifth Gear presenter, never raced or rallied.

Maybe now they will know to put in D or S and hold on the hand brake not the foot brake.

Edited by Offski

• Administrators

See my post above, contact Jordan directly now. I'm going to be in and out this weekend.

I think you'll be in sight of the car, so I don't think they will be driven quite like that... Typically if it's a new car, the press office will supply it. But for 'older' cars they have to turn to communities like ours.

I don't think they'd be daft enough to rag a real persons car...not unless a suitcase of case was present :D

re estates @67Mark they have not said no, the latest mail was a mlII so not necessarily the year restriction planned.