London Air Ambulance Octy 245's

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:24, encephalopathy said:

if you look closely at the london air ambulance 245 you can see the special front number plate holder that has covert blue LEDs vertically at each side (not illuminated in the photos). These are good for visibility of the car when pulling out from a junction

http://premierhazard.co.uk/products/195/number-plate-led-warning-system-mk002-00b

There's one on the rear as well :) 

as with most new cars nowadays you can't flash the headlights like with old fashion halogen lights so they start fitting more LED's on the front  

3 hours ago, OliR said:

There's one on the rear as well :) 

as with most new cars nowadays you can't flash the headlights like with old fashion halogen lights so they start fitting more LED's on the front  

Generally that light is incorporated in the light bar In the middle.  

Although k agree about the white leds on front due to unable.to use flasher like before. I hate them tho as prefer the flashers lol. 

Ethan

• Like 1

On 16/06/2018 at 22:42, Madmax889 said:

There’s a few VRS’s the police use around London now. 

spotted a red pre fl back when they first launched.

21 hours ago, DeanVRS20VT said:

Wished they would use the low profile macneillie led bars, would look so much better!

A lot of services just re-use light bars if possible to save costs but agree a low profile bar would look a lot better

• 5 years later...
On 19/06/2018 at 17:10, Ethanfoster said:

Although they have an emergency.servoces package...the scouts we use currently mk2fl 13 plates in my second the woods are standard. The suspension isn't any different and you know it when you hit pot holes and over bumps as weight in the rear means you bottom out very quickly! Equally the battery struggles to cope even with additional batteries...the one I worked on yesterday the chassis battery died after 2 hours turned off after I'd driven it at 85+ mph to a job. 

Also these cars sit a lot of the time at the Royal London and don't go anywhere. Atleast that's what I've noticed when I've gone there :) lol. 

Hey i know this is an old post but can you give me any insight into the suspensions in the mk2fl emergency vehicles. I have an Octavia 4x4 (not scout) and looking for information so i can replace the shocks and stuff. Thank you 

From memory the non scout 4x4 suspension is the same as the scout - based on ours that had the rough road package.  The only difference was is tyre size that gave a slightly higher ride height. 

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OrenJF said:

Hey i know this is an old post but can you give me any insight into the suspensions in the mk2fl emergency vehicles. I have an Octavia 4x4 (not scout) and looking for information so i can replace the shocks and stuff. Thank you 

The vehicles supplied to the emergency services are often fitted with Eibach suspension due to the extra weight they constantly carry 

• Like 2