Best Deal at the Moment

Hi looking to trade-in my Superb (2017) for a new Kodiaq.  Is any prepared to share the best deals that they have got recently so that I can haggle with my nearest deal and see what he can do for me?

Looking for:

KODIAQ EDITION (7 seats) EDITION (7 seats) 2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4 DSG

with the following options:

Temporary steel space saver spare wheel (7 seater) 145/85 R18

Heated windscreen

LED interior light package

Traffic sign recognition

Driver assistance package

Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen

Front and rear parking sensors

ISOFIX on front passenger seat

Sun visors with mirror, illuminated

Was considering a Scout - mainly for the Crater wheels but if I spec it the same as the Edition it does not make sense financially....

Many thanks

Nigel

I got the Scout with most of the options you've added for £28,880 (including the current £1,000 fuel card / test drive incentive).

Of your listed options the LED interior light package, front and rear parking sensors and illuminated sun visors are already standard on the Scout.

I added the heated windscreen, nozzles, spare wheel and front seat ISOFIX (all included on your list) too, plus the towbar, colour multi-function trip computer and metallic paint (not on your list), for the price above.

The price I paid for the towbar (£860), colour multi function trip computer (£90) would go a long way towards the Driver assistance package and traffic sign recognition you're wanting...

The biggest influence on price in my example is your desire for a diesel and DSG rather than my petrol engine and manaul gearbox, but these costs would have to be added to the equivalent Edition too...

What is the 'Driver Assistance Package'?

I can't see it in the options list, is it the third one from the bottom at £350 (Edition) / £1,260 (Scout)?...

Capture.thumb.JPG.b4890883ac75d0e103d6be83f426b565.JPG

Capture1.thumb.JPG.39a2d5d572603e81a2f47b45189ae195.JPG

Edited by silver1011

22 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I can't see it in the options list, is it the third one from the bottom at £350 (Scout) / £1,260 (Edition)?...

Assistance Package 1 - it looks like the pricelist that I have is slightly different to yours.  On the new one its a £350.00 add-on for the Edition.  Its only available with a DSG. 

I need the diesel to keep the company happy on my car allowance....as the economy on the petrol does not hit my target figure.

16 minutes ago, abaday789 said:

Have you been on car wow yet to see what dealers will come up with for you? 

My local dealer will beat/meet a car wow quote. 

I am doing that as well but because of other offers - e.g. test drive £1000 off - which will not be valid for a factory order I am trying to get the price as low as possible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I can't see it in the options list, is it the third one from the bottom at £350 (Scout) / £1,260 (Edition)?...

The Assistance package is only £350 on the Edition because it already has Lane Assist and Blind spot detection included in its spec. For £350  (on the Edition) you get Adaptive cruise control and Traffic Jam Assist (N.B. not the same thing as Traffic Sign recognition!).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ncpierce said:

I am doing that as well but because of other offers - e.g. test drive £1000 off - which will not be valid for a factory order I am trying to get the price as low as possible.

The £1,000 test drive incentive is available for factory orders...

Capture.thumb.JPG.bca6b3c651aeb83e10fc15841ceb29a5.JPG

Capture1.JPG.05d85104ef14cb53a59e92ad4856c4c2.JPG

As long as your car is delivered before the end of September...

Capture.JPG.a884f2738c23c9697808fede3dc7c708.JPG

Edited by silver1011

5 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

As long as your car is delivered before the end of September...

Capture.JPG.a884f2738c23c9697808fede3dc7c708.JPG

Factory order for the DSG is 19weeks and 24weeks for the manual!

2 hours ago, ncpierce said:

Looking for:

KODIAQ EDITION (7 seats) EDITION (7 seats) 2.0 TDI 150 PS 4x4 DSG

with the following options:

Temporary steel space saver spare wheel (7 seater) 145/85 R18

Heated windscreen

LED interior light package

Traffic sign recognition

Driver assistance package

Heated washer nozzles for front windscreen

Front and rear parking sensors

ISOFIX on front passenger seat

Sun visors with mirror, illuminated

Options are of course a very personal thing, but I have to say I think the LED interior light package is very underwhelming. 

An option you may want to consider is "Personalisation of Drive Mode Selection" which I believe comes with an extra key (can anyone confirm that?).

I would recommend the rear camera in addition to the front and rear sensors. Its a big car, and reversing out of a parking space can be a bit of guesswork without it. I don't think I've heard of anyone that specced one that regretted it (except to say they wished they'd gone for full Area View!).

I enjoy the difference of opinion on factory options, one of the benefits to me of Skoda's extensive choice of factory options on their cars.

The LED interior light package is great, the kids love it. Given the requirement for ISOFIX on the front passenger seat I'm guessing Nigel might have kids that'll need entertaining at night too :D

As for the personalisation of drive mode option, it's a no from me. I haven't had it so it's opinion only, but this would have put me off...

Seems the electric drivers and passenger seats with memory function, standard on the Scout, offers most of the same benefits.

Edited by silver1011

7 minutes ago, ncpierce said:

Factory order for the DSG is 19weeks and 24weeks for the manual!

Wow, on the diesel?

I'd heard of the delays on the petrol's due to the change in engine specs and WLTP emissions testing, but I'm surprised it's having an effect on the diesels too...

http://wltpfacts.eu/what-is-wltp-how-will-it-work/

4 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

As for the personalisation of drive mode option, it's a no from me. I haven't had it so it's opinion only, but this would have put me off...

Thats a KESSY thing, not personalisation, and in reality it just isn't a problem.

I don''t have the personalisation option either, I would have got it if I had done a factory order. However, I was suggesting it primarily as a cheap way of getting a spare key (again, can anyone confirm that?).

5 minutes ago, gojoholo said:

However, I was suggesting it primarily as a cheap way of getting a spare key (again, can anyone confirm that?).

You mean a second spare key...? You get two as standard, three with the personalisation package. Given that the only time I have used the second key on any car I've owned is when giving to the garage for service/MOT, I'm really not in the 'need three keys' camp :-)

7 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

You get two as standard, three with the personalisation package

There you go, "Personalisation of Drive Mode Selection"  - remembers some media/drive settings and you get a third key. Something for the OP to consider.

16 minutes ago, gojoholo said:

Thats a KESSY thing, not personalisation, and in reality it just isn't a problem.

I don''t have the personalisation option either, I would have got it if I had done a factory order. However, I was suggesting it primarily as a cheap way of getting a spare key (again, can anyone confirm that?).

It's a KESSY thread that turned into the pro's and con's of the personalisation feature / factory option...

Capture.JPG.f5a9abded5d9dfc5ebdfb178fda0b14c.JPG

But you're right, £45 for a third key is cheap compared to trying to add one after the car has been delivered (a good few hundred pounds).

Edited by silver1011

I feel like I may have been slightly  shafted on my order (September delivery). I went for an SEL 4x4 2.0 diesel, met paint, colour trip computer and a space saver: invoice total £29,909, less £2k dealer contribution so £27,909. That was a car wow offer and includes the test drive discount. Does anyone have a similar comparison ? 

4 minutes ago, MattEds said:

invoice total £29,909, less £2k dealer contribution so £27,909

So around £4.5k off the list price in total? That's about par for the course I think. Certainly in the same ballpark as the discount I got on mine.

(I'm assuming you meant the 150PS 4x4 manual TDI?)

7 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

So around £4.5k off the list price in total? That's about par for the course I think. Certainly in the same ballpark as the discount I got on mine.

(I'm assuming you meant the 150PS 4x4 manual TDI?)

Thanks Wiggo. Yeah that’s the one. I have just noticed on my order form that I have been charged twice for paint! Metallic paint £479 and pearl effect £479. We’ve ordered the black magic colour. Surely that’s not right is it??

Edited by MattEds

I ordered an Edition (7 seat) 2.0 tdi DSG (But NOT  4x4)

I specced it with :

heated screen
reverse camera
ACC (well assisance package)
personalised key (it does come with a third key)
Spare wheel.

After all discounts and taking into account the £1000 fuel card  - it came to a total of £27,500.  It came from a dealer probably not a million miles from you either.

Mantrahalos. 

35 minutes ago, MattEds said:

Thanks Wiggo. Yeah that’s the one. I have just noticed on my order form that I have been charged twice for paint! Metallic paint £479 and pearl effect £479. We’ve ordered the black magic colour. Surely that’s not right is it??

£479 is the ex-VAT price for Black Magic pearl effect on the SE L, £575 including VAT. But no, you shouldn't have been charged twice!

Capture1.thumb.JPG.1c4c45b92373fc0d85780bbd5c61a730.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.5a30597b78f93348ee9f8bc78f10edaf.JPG

6 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

£479 is the ex-VAT price for Black Magic pearl effect on the SE L, £575 including VAT. But no, you shouldn't have been charged twice!

Capture1.thumb.JPG.1c4c45b92373fc0d85780bbd5c61a730.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.5a30597b78f93348ee9f8bc78f10edaf.JPG

Thanks Silver1011 - that’s what I thought. ****-o-gram heading for my dealer as I type...

• Like 1

You’ll have noticed that we’re all different.

If we have an option then we’ll recommend it.

If we don’t have it, then we pour scorn on it as trivia.

I’d do the same.

I’m afraid we just have to make our own choices.

It’s only money, so just tick all the boxes and enjoy the toys.

16 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The LED interior light package is great, the kids love it. Given the requirement for ISOFIX on the front passenger seat I'm guessing Nigel might have kids that'll need entertaining at night too :D

Yep, 4kids, hence the need for a Kodiak - the wife has an 8 Seat Citroen Space Tourer - the colour changing lights should keep them amused for a bit.  I have drive personalisation on the Superb at the moment and it stops the wife changing all of my radio presets and also means that I don't get blasted by the radio when she has left the volume up!

16 hours ago, gojoholo said:

I would recommend the rear camera in addition to the front and rear sensors. Its a big car, and reversing out of a parking space can be a bit of guesswork without it. I don't think I've heard of anyone that specced one that regretted it (except to say they wished they'd gone for full Area View!).

I don't have the camera on the  Superb and have never struggled - do miss the front sensors that were standard on my old Focus so have added those as an option this time.

10 hours ago, mantrahalos said:

I ordered an Edition (7 seat) 2.0 tdi DSG (But NOT  4x4)

I specced it with :

heated screen
reverse camera
ACC (well assisance package)
personalised key (it does come with a third key)
Spare wheel.

After all discounts and taking into account the £1000 fuel card  - it came to a total of £27,500.  It came from a dealer probably not a million miles from you either.

Mantrahalos. 

That seems like a good deal.  At the moment I am looking at around 14% off list price (including the £2k deposit contribution, but excluding the test drive £1000 as the car won't be here by the cut off point.  No fuel card available at the moment.

8 hours ago, BoxerBoy said:

You’ll have noticed that we’re all different.

If we have an option then we’ll recommend it.

If we don’t have it, then we pour scorn on it as trivia.

I’d do the same.

I’m afraid we just have to make our own choices.

It’s only money, so just tick all the boxes and enjoy the toys.

That's the way I'm feeling at the moment. If I go for the Kodiaq it needs to be a long term purchase so do not want to regret not ticking a box now....the big question is "At 38 am I too young for an automatic?"

5 minutes ago, ncpierce said:

he big question is "At 38 am I too young for an automatic?"

I'm 46.  This is my first automatic.  I wish i had done it when I was 38!