Amundson plus 2013 Octavia blacklin

What happens when you press the phone button?

Have you removed the unit and looked for a sticker which says: MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00 or similar? If I remember correctly, if they aren't all zero's it has BT built in but may not be enabled.

Not sure - but normally factory options for bluetooth of that generation would have the BT module under the passenger's seat wired to the infotainment.

have you checked for anything like?

Pretty sure the blackline came with the Amundsen+ as standard and it typically can support bluetooth. It just isn't enabled by default.

You need to check the unit for a sticker saying MAC as I mentioned earlier. If it's present and non-zero, then you'll need to add a microphone and have the car coded to enable bluetooth. It can certainly do hands free but I'm not sure about streaming.

Currently, the phone button should just work as a mute button :)

Might be worth adding where you are in the world as a local member with VCDS can probably help.

7 hours ago, langers2k said:

Pretty sure the blackline came with the Amundsen+ as standard and it typically can support bluetooth. It just isn't enabled by default.

You need to check the unit for a sticker saying MAC as I mentioned earlier. If it's present and non-zero, then you'll need to add a microphone and have the car coded to enable bluetooth. It can certainly do hands free but I'm not sure about streaming.

Currently, the phone button should just work as a mute button :)

Might be worth adding where you are in the world as a local member with VCDS can probably help.

Is it possible that the MAC address can be read by entering long-pressing setup menu?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a VRS Blackline that came with that.  It doesn't have Bluetooth and you will need the VAG Bluetooth module and will need wired in to the mic hole beside the courtesy light unit.  Will probably also need it enabled in VCDS.  I removed mine and put in into my wife's Fabia and I moved got my Columbus unit transferred over from my old VRS, along with the VAG bluetooth unit.

Amundsen + units may or may not have Bluetooth. Also they may or may not have DAB radio, and they may or may not have the input connector for the rear view camera.

Generalised statements are pointless really as the next unit someone posts up a picture of will probably have different options. The only way to tell specifically for Bluetooth (as Langers has already pointed out) is to look for the MAC address on the sticker on the side.

The Blackline unit does have blutooth but it is not activated from new as i have a Blackline also. I had the dealer activate it by plugging in and bought the mic and plugged it in and all works good. Even play my music from ipod or iphone via bluetooth through it. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:01, technician25 said:

The Blackline unit does have blutooth but it is not activated from new as i have a Blackline also. I had the dealer activate it by plugging in and bought the mic and plugged it in and all works good. Even play my music from ipod or iphone via bluetooth through it. 

Hi, could you possibly put up a link to where you bought your mic from please? When looking for one, all the sites I have been to say the mic fits cars up to 2011, all 2012 cars need some kit installed. I also have a 2012 Octavia vrs Blackline cr.

Cheers 

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/profile/47243-eddie-nl/ This is the guy i bought the mic and loom from. Whether he has any more i don't know and it was a great price.  Hope you get it sorted as it works a treat and easy to install as it it just plugs in the back of the unit and fed up through the door pillar and clips in next to the interior light in the purpose made slot.  So easy to install into my Blackline.

Cheers

13 hours ago, technician25 said:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/profile/47243-eddie-nl/ This is the guy i bought the mic and loom from. Whether he has any more i don't know and it was a great price.  Hope you get it sorted as it works a treat and easy to install as it it just plugs in the back of the unit and fed up through the door pillar and clips in next to the interior light in the purpose made slot.  So easy to install into my Blackline.

Cheers

Thanks for your help, I have messaged the guy.

Cheers