12th November 2018 - Brisky Racing at Snetterton - FULL !!!

BossFox

8 hours ago, andsoutham said:

Last clip in this sequence... I was more than a little relieved when it straightened out before the wall 

You and me both :D

7 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Thought BMW's are supposed to handle well bit close to the barrier must have left a skid mark in your BOXERS surely!:tongueout:

Definitely left a mark in mine :D

Cheers to Richard and everyone else for yet another really enjoyable track day. Track etiquette has always been so good at these Brisky Racing days too :cool:

This was my first full track day in the Polo, but really pleased with how it did considering it's no where near finished :blink: Front end still is completely standard with void bushes and skinny ARB, still haven't fitted my front mount cooler, and gearbox isn't enjoying life at the moment!

This was my last outing of the day if anyone's interested!

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by SmoFiesta
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, SmoFiesta said:

Cheers to Richard and everyone else for yet another really enjoyable track day. Track etiquette has always been so good at these Brisky Racing days too :cool:

This was my first full track day in the Polo, but really pleased with how it did considering it's no where near finished :blink: Front end still is completely standard with void bushes and skinny ARB, still haven't fitted my front mount cooler, and gearbox isn't enjoying life at the moment!

This was my last outing of the day if anyone's interested!

Cheers,

Simon

Sleeper! Enjoyed the rate you were going round, I hope the engine is tweaked cos you were flying!

Certainly  sounds like couple of mods at least. I dove out of your way in the i30N, I cannot cope with cars behind me!

14 minutes ago, WookieeM said:

Sleeper! Enjoyed the rate you were going round, I hope the engine is tweaked cos you were flying!

Certainly  sounds like couple of mods at least. I dove out of your way in the i30N, I cannot cope with cars behind me!

Look:cool:s like a 1.8T conversion with over 200bhp the way it accelerated down the straights, put us out of our misery Simon.

Thought there might be a thread for this on here...recently bought an OctyVRS as a daily so just joined the forum a few weeks back

Had a cracking day in my FiestaST, track etiquette was super to say there was a lot of different levels of equipment there!

Pic and video clip from the day :biggrin:

1636179376_WheelerTDSnet2018-11236.thumb.jpg.895cde0602be9e16bf4a8a2055243c30.jpg

517007464_WheelerTDSnet-2661.thumb.jpg.faa0f08e296f22a0e8bebabff3ab5a2c.jpg

If anyone has any pics of mine they're willing to share with me i'd be grateful!  Thanks!

Anth

Edited by uttanutta12
  • Like 4

On 17/11/2018 at 16:26, WookieeM said:

Haha, thank you :) Sleeper is exactly what I wanted from it, although sadly there has had to be some compromises! It's a little different to my previous cars I've had on track so took me most of the day to find its limits. You were doing a lot better than me in the wet...!

On 17/11/2018 at 16:43, shyVRS245 said:

Look:cool:s like a 1.8T conversion with over 200bhp the way it accelerated down the straights, put us out of our misery Simon.

Yes indeed, you are correct! I had other ideas, but I know these engines pretty well so it was obvious way to go in the end. The car is a little thrown together at the moment (I haven't had much time with it) however I'm hoping to sort/finish/fix it properly next year, and run a bit more power :cool:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cooked the brakes at Snett so caught a dose of the upgraditus, bought on by a soggy brake peddle and scabby alloys with ditchfinders. Trying to keep it in the spirit of my station hack volva C30, so sponsored by eBay and PayPal..

Just in case I use it as a track day stand in again.. Bigger front brakes from a focus ST sourced and refurbed. A set of 18x8 TD 1.2’s with track day tryes from a focus RS on their way.  Looking forward to trying them out on my rat run to T Wells lol

CF682173-0145-403E-B036-8B39012C4D9B.jpeg

20 minutes ago, uttanutta12 said:

Very nice, how much bigger are the focus ST brakes over standard c30?

320mm instead of 280. Still single pot sliding caliper but a cheap solid upgrade. Rumour has it the XC90 336mm brakes will fit but can’t be bothered with the extra faffing about.

1 hour ago, B33fy said:

320mm instead of 280. Still single pot sliding caliper but a cheap solid upgrade. Rumour has it the XC90 336mm brakes will fit but can’t be bothered with the extra faffing about.

That'll be a good upgrade. Same size difference my Alcon's are over standard on the ST, albeit with a 4 pot caliper now but still a massive power advantage. Never get any fading issues even in the summer running a good pad and fluid :biggrin:

• 2 months later...