Kodiaq questions

14 hours ago, silver1011 said:

0.thumb.png.c460122c24831467da0bae0804f5a269.png

I never knew the big one was called Mini I thought that was standard. I stand corrected, the manual does indeed refer to correct size of SIM.

I used a needle to remove mine but I could see a little of it. Tweezers were then used when it came out further. 

2 hours ago, KKB24 said:

I never knew the big one was called Mini I thought that was standard

A 'standard' SIM card was literally just that - a full credit card sized SIM that usually went underneath the removable battery (yes, phones used to have those too!).

SIM-card-comparison.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

A 'standard' SIM card was literally just that - a full credit card sized SIM that usually went underneath the removable battery (yes, phones used to have those too!).

SIM-card-comparison.png

Every day is a school day on this forum!

1 hour ago, WiggosSideburns said:

SIM-card-comparison.png

Ahhh.... The days of the Motorolla Flare and mercury 121 Personal Tarriff.

Yes, I still have a full size Vodafone Metrocall SIM card, and a mini to full size adaptor. I still don't understand why Motorola insisted on using the full size ones in their portables, as it restricted the minimum size. But then again back in those days you were lucky to get the battery to last eight hours without making any calls.

Micro and Nano Sims are a relatively modern concept.

Thanks everyone again, bit scared by the glue idea, but might try it as a last resort, already tried very thin wires, but am trying not to cause any more damage, so probably not being rough enough, again will probably try again.

Know an Audi owner that has a tool for taking the front off all things like this, but he thinks it will bring the whole unit out and not just the front, which would not be much good, anyone else taken the front off this type of unit? ( or am I the only stupid one to get a SIM card this stuck)

A bit of lateral thinking, here:

You are supposed to be able to insert and eject the SIM card. If you put in the right size of SIM card, and you didn’t do anything strange (like hammer it in), then the unit is not working as intended.  Get the dealer to do it, under warranty!

25 minutes ago, DaveMiller said:

A bit of lateral thinking, here:

You are supposed to be able to insert and eject the SIM card. If you put in the right size of SIM card, and you didn’t do anything strange (like hammer it in), then the unit is not working as intended.  Get the dealer to do it, under warranty!

Assuming it is the right size, which it doesn't sound like it is. However it may be worth asking because they may have a solution. Sure it won't be the first nor last that is seen.

....could try using a vacuum to get it out, low danger of any possible damage.  If you don't fancy rummaging around in the hoover bag for the SIM then stretch an old pair of tights (or similar material) over the vacuum tube to stop it going into the bag (but this may reduce suction?)

1 hour ago, TumnusCat said:

Use a magnet. They have a metal content.

Yes but most of the metal, if not all, is non-magnetic.

I like the vacuum cleaner suggestion. It might not get it all the way out, but might get it far enough, and is much lower risk than sticking something else in the slot.

Ok, time for a final update on this problem. Thanks again to all for suggestions and knowledge. The SIM is out!!!, a friend took the unit out but even taking the top off you cannot get to the slots, so using 2 straightened paper clips, one flattened by hammer at one end, and the other paper clip with the smallest of a hook bent right at the end, with a little wiggling out it popped. It has now been reinserted and everything is working ok.

The next bit is not worth reading so just walk on.....( some schmuck had put the wrong size in)

Anyway, Thanks again all

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hello from Greece dear friends! 

May I want to apologise about my poor english at fiirst!

Secondly I want to ask here if someone knows more about the WLTP test about the Skoda Kodiaq TSI 1.5 4x4 ... I made the order for this car last June 2018!!! They told me that I should have it the middle of October... Now they say (maybe) at the end of January 2019!!!

Does anybody know more about this case??? Lot of people here are waiting for their cars... Many people have no cars for their families!!! This situation seems to be stuck!!!! Please inform me for something if possible... Does anybody knows??? 

See my post on page 7 of this thread.

It is specifically for cars bound for the UK but should be relatively relevant for all factory builds that are being adversely affected by WLTP...