Double mattress, will it fit?

clv101

Dont think so - not very easily and and be able to shut the hatch. Lay it on the roof and tie it to the roof bars. It shouldn't damage the paintwork. I moved a complete bed on the roof. Mattress first and divan base on top.

Why not measure it to see if it will fit, mattresses are different sizes.
I am hoping to build a false floor for mine with ply to hold a bed and have storage underneath.

I have just been involved with clearing my now dead MIL’s house using my wife’s 2015 Polo, for moving double mattresses I bought  a couple of ratchet straps and folded the mattresses in half sort of, so easy if you do that!

Edit:- actually one strap is enough, but the set I bought came as two which I thought I might need, playing safe.

Edited by rum4mo

6 hours ago, Urrell said:

I am hoping to build a false floor for mine with ply to hold a bed and have storage underneath.

You do know James May has already discovered the source of the Nile? 

On 04/08/2018 at 09:51, Urrell said:

Why not measure it to see if it will fit, mattresses are different sizes.

I've done this with my Yeti.  We use a futon that's roughly 4ft by 6ft. If you use a mattress, it needs to be a foam one as you can't drive the car with it fully stretched out since you need the front seats shoved as far forward as they go.  The futon squishes up easily when you have the seats in driving position.  That said, when I've used it solo, I didn't bother moving the seats as I'm short enough to lie diagonal in the back of the car.

OH used to own a MK II Fabia and could get a 5ft x 2.6ft long child's mattress in the back.  Probably not suitable for two people but works if you're going solo.

Edited by Ardbeg