Tunning by dealers?

Neil RS

Ok, Monkey Hanger can be the Bandit wth a shark on his roof as long as I can be the guy in the truck full of beer with a bassett hound on the seat that we have to get over the state line.

they keep ripping the sumps off them!

I was speaking to an AA guy (WHOLE different story :p) who mentioned that lots of 'tavias, including taxis, were losing their sumps over speed ramps. Does the Octavia have an unusually exposed sump?

Lowered ones do! :(

You can ground out pretty much anything on Fenland Roads,as the law have found out. I've also repaired a couple of civvy owned cars. Skoda actually market a sump guard which the cops are having fitted sytematically to their Octavias. There are also spacers for the front struts to lift the nose of the car to prevent ground outs. These double up by making the car sit at a silly angle.

spacers for the front struts to lift the nose of the car to prevent ground outs. These double up by making the car sit at a silly angle.

Fitted as standard to the 4x4 :D

Had this debate yesterday in a dealership. They reckon the police ones are 260. I just burst out laughing :D

260, on a standard turbo, with a standard exhaust and no induction kit? :D

Won't be warrantied then :D

I don't think they are chipped, I had a play with one, and he couldn't match mine. We did have a chat about it when I pulled over. No it wasn't to nick me as I hadn't exceeded the limit, it was at a fuel station. He wanted to know what I' done to mine as, although he had one as a "company car" he'd bought one as a private motor and wanted to know how to mod it :D

You can ground out pretty much anything on Fenland Roads,as the law have found out.

He's not wrong. I've bottomed out the car quite a few times on unfamiliar roads locally. The problem is that many of them are straight and *look* flat. Then you hit a hidden dip and it all goes TU. Even worse, you get two or three in a row :eek:

Simple rule of thumb in Fenland - if the road is called '... Drove', take extra care!

Fitted as standard to the 4x4 :D

Had this debate yesterday in a dealership. They reckon the police ones are 260. I just burst out laughing :D

260' date=' on a standard turbo, with a standard exhaust and no induction kit? :D

[/quote']

As i've said on several occasions, Cleveland have supposedly left their vRS's "standard"

HOWEVER

I saw one taking part in a pursuit a few days back, and the suspension was noticably lower & stiffer than standard. And they look damn good at high speed with the lights behind the grill flashing away ;)

Hi Suddy,

Have you had any experience with fitting the Skoda sumpguard?

I have seen all the parts listed on my copy of ETKA - just wonder if it is a straight bolt on or needs any drilling to fit it.

Since I have fitted 30mm lowered springs to my L&K, speed humps take on a whole new meaning! :eek:

John.