Citigo Electric

Ronn

3 hours ago, Luckypants said:

He said the Citigo has adaptive cruise control? As far as I have heard it is just cruise control, no radar to maintain distance?

No radar. Only "normal" cruise control. Would have been nice otherwise to "park" close behind a big lorry in the slipstream on the freeway to extend range.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not nice for the driver of a lorry, bus, big van etc, but you can still follow behind where you can see their mirrors and they can see you and get the tow that helps those hypermiling.

You will still be in the bubble / eddy and their back draft will waft you along nicely in the right wind direction.

So three weeks on and still loving it. The maximum range indicator has increased with each charge (107, 134, 148) and is now approaching the official figure of around 161. Such a pleasure to drive.

However... I'm not pleased to discover paint peeling from the edge of the charge port. I immediately contacted the dealer but they're closed because of the coronavirus outbreak. Despite that, the e-mails are still being forwarded. I had a reply that said this would be covered under warranty; they just have to follow a specific procedure to get authorisation for the repair. All I have to do now is wait until they re-open.

Has anyone had any experience of how long these jobs usually take to be authorised and completed? I never had any such problems with the three VW up!s I previously owned and had assumed that as they all came from the same manufacturing plant, the quality control would be consistent.

IMG_2074.JPG

• Like 1

That is the simplest of things for a Warranty Manager to approve the work on to have a proper refinishing done on as soon as lock downs are over.

Any out of pocket to you to be covered by Skoda.

That should never of got past Quality Control, the PDI or the Dealership wash and polish operatives.

Other owners need to check their cars.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot
  • Thanks 1

On 17/01/2020 at 10:12, freemansteve said:

You'd surely need to compare prices without taxes to see who is doing the ripping off, and don't forget, UK retail pricing is decided by Skoda UK (or VW UK, or Seat UK), not by the manufacturer.

And the UK has effectively voted for more expensive imports, so exchange rate is also a factor, including pricing goods based on what the exchange rate is likely to be in 6-12 months - they can't be repricing goods every few weeks. At least it will benefit the UK's "burgeoning" home-based car industry, and our local manufacturers of lithium batteries and electric motors! We can all start saving up for an electric McLaren or similar :)

On 12/03/2020 at 08:24, Luckypants said:

Robert likes the new E-Up! He obviously earns too much if he thinks £20K for a city car is affordable or cheap.

On 13/03/2020 at 07:13, Luckypants said:

@Chris_42 Are you in the UK? Does this mean electric CITIGOs are now available to look at / test drive in the UK?

Paint peeling off a new £20,000 EV Citigo after only 3 WEEKS?

A Shocking & Disgraceful State of Affairs on a brand new car! 

Even the paint on new £2,000 Lada in the 1980's lasted 5 to 7 years! 

• Like 1

That is a finishing issue, but when the Factory reopens there needs to be some actions taken on that department but maybe also the engineers and management need to look behind the filler area and see if the moisture trap so a rust trap has been eliminated.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/456455-rust-around-fuel-filler-door

IMG_2074.JPG.9afff1b2f6bc5729db48cddc60b1b7a0.jpeg

1.JPG.de5d6aa385f9fd526fa75c8b45e4bac7.jpeg

21952462_3closeup.JPG.13991560a802644cb378118a3c7f6c31.jpeg

569751428_RUSTAROUNDCAP.jpg.ac7f68f728c0a6738609cad26d2ae8e8.jpg

980661916_RUSTUNDERARCH.jpg.2b7c1d34bb95efdff4698a232403af80.jpg

On 01/04/2020 at 19:39, Chris_42 said:

IMG_2074.JPG

Hi Chris:-

It's difficult to judge with such a small area included in the photo but that doesn't look to be a paint defect from the manufacturer.  It may have been damaged in transit (docks, or Dealership etc.) and repaired (obviously cheaply) pre-delivery.  The fact that the dealer is accommodating to your claim suggests this may be the case.  I'm no expert, but did work in a Honda dealership and pre-delivery bodywork isn't as uncommon as you'd think (usually young valeters who couldn't care less).

You can buy cheap 'paint thickness' measurement tools for under £20 to support your claim (see below).  Measure each panel and see if there's a significant difference.  It's very difficult to respray a vehicle and get the colour and thickness to match.

Another 'test' is to park the car under a sodium streetlamp, any difference in paint from panel to panel (especially metallics) is readily apparent.  Caution plastics, the metal panels and plastic panels will always be different.

I'd be tempted to reject the car if you can prove its been damaged and poorly repaired. 

And from experience, don't complain to the dealer where the vehicle was purchased, go straight to Skoda themselves and raise a stink. 

Perhaps not what you wanted to hear, but just adding perspective.  Good luck.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Digital-LCD-Coating-Paint-Thickness-Gauge-Meter-Tester-Painting-Measuring-UK/352632273809?epid=0&hash=item521a857b91:g:UU8AAOSwilNd~HsF

Y

• Thanks 1

Looks lolike chipping or poor paint adhesion due to inadequate cleaning of the metal & poor preparation. 

Either way not aceptable from VW and a 'repair' would be a hacked job. 

On 01/04/2020 at 20:39, Chris_42 said:

So three weeks on and still loving it. The maximum range indicator has increased with each charge (107, 134, 148) and is now approaching the official figure of around 161. Such a pleasure to drive.

However... I'm not pleased to discover paint peeling from the edge of the charge port. I immediately contacted the dealer but they're closed because of the coronavirus outbreak. Despite that, the e-mails are still being forwarded. I had a reply that said this would be covered under warranty; they just have to follow a specific procedure to get authorisation for the repair. All I have to do now is wait until they re-open.

Has anyone had any experience of how long these jobs usually take to be authorised and completed? I never had any such problems with the three VW up!s I previously owned and had assumed that as they all came from the same manufacturing plant, the quality control would be consistent.

IMG_2074.JPG

The paint has been scraped off there and there are 2 visible dents, looks exactly like some-one has driven off with the charging lead still plugged in or do they have some interlock to prevent that happening?

@J.R. That can't happen: the car will not drive with the charging plug in the port. There is damage around the perimeter from "2 o'clock" to "5 o'clock" in five or six places but the scrape here is by far the worst. The only reason I didn't see it to start with is because with Lifeshine applied and during the wet weather in my first fortnight of ownership, the water droplets beaded perfectly around it, making it virtually invisible.

There is also some slight scoring around the charge port itself, which I did point out when picking the car up. They thought that someone 'had had a go at it', which leads me to think that someone at the dealer, who didn't know that the covers lock in place if not removed within 45 seconds of unlocking the car, attempted to lever them off. If so, this is a training issue that needs to be addressed. Either way, the dealer has said they'll fix it and I'll hold them to that. Otherwise I'll be complaining to Skoda UK direct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/04/2020 at 17:15, Yeti-Spaghetti said:

Jeez, that is simply myopic & as for your view that they lose half the battery in colder seasons is just plain wrong.

Boorish, & wrong.

Apparently there is an APP that owners can log into that charges the battery at certain times; and will pre-set certain conditions etc.

This allows the charging cable to be fitted and only charge at say 24:00hrs  onward, when the electricity is at a cheaper rate.  Plus it'll set the heater/heated rear screen/mirrors/heated seats etc.  to come on prior to use.  So the car is toasty warm with clear windows etc. on a winters morning.  Similarly, in the summer you can programme the air con to come on at any given time to achieve the desired temperature.

A Swedish guy has a new EVCitigo and is recording usage at approx. 10.5 kW/h per 100km.  Isle of Man electricity rates are £0.17/kW/h so that approx. £1.80 per 62 miles.  My Colours model is running about 9.4p/mile or £5.81/62 miles an increase of 323% over the electric model.

Plus, with a dodgy left knee I'd appreciate the 'automatic' transmission of the electrics.  And with 210Nm of torque (compared to 95Nm in the fossil motor), the statistics are stacking up against the older powertrains.

I'm not sure Ronn is a fan, but the tide is turning.

If only they could get the purchase price to a sensible level...

@Yeti-Spaghetti

So again England, maybe Wales but not the UK and not Scotland or Northern Ireland, which is why i asked where you were and what country it is illegal in.

Fixed penalty of £20 gives an idea of when that is from, how much is the fixed penalty now and who can issue it, is it a Traffic Warden, or a Police Officer?

?

Did Chris Failing Grayling MP get this though the Commons, the Lords and into statute?

So Councils got the chance to bring in by-laws and some in Scotland have talked about it, but not done yet.

Reason they need to bring it in is because it is not illegal to have a car ticking over and especially never will be if a car needs to be defrosted and the driver is present.

Note the date, 2018 and it has not happened.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/environment/crieff-could-become-first-scottish-town-ban-idling-cars-259114

Glasgow has brought in some of the Low Emission Zone by-laws, but not yet the no idling.

Especially not with the Diesel Buses and Taxis that are not yet banned.

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.39.47.jpg

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 13.40.15.jpg

@Yeti-Spaghetti

Defrosting is not idling un-necessary in Aberdeen when necessary to defrost a car.

It would be laughed out of court by a Sheriff that defrosts his or her car that way, and the Procurator Fiscal would never have taken action anyway even if someone never paid a NIP.

There are laws and then there are laws that you need to read the wording of and look at the practicalities.

Go up to a Traffic Police Officer sometime and ask if they should be sitting with the car idling for hours and see what response you get.

I have.

Lunch time at the DVSA Emissions testing and the officer was keeping himself warm.

He asked what i thought i was doing photographing him.

I asked if he was going after any vehicles and needing to keep the engine hot.

Turnberry Lighthouse & Castle Ruins 024.JPG

Turnberry Lighthouse & Castle Ruins 021.JPG

@Yeti-Spaghetti

You will have noticed that the Alps are not near the north sea or any sea and do not have the same hoar frost as can be common in Scotland coastal areas and maybe even in other areas of the UK.

Over 60 years now of going to Scotland's Ski Centres since starting as an infant living in the Cairngorms in caravans through the ski season and i never leave a car idling to clear windows.

Come lunch time many hundreds do have their vehicles doing it though.

Remember what you said and why i asked. 

No point having internet myths that others might repeat.

Screenshot 2020-04-20 at 14.12.18.png

Guys, please take your argument about idling cars to private message or a separate thread and keep this for discussing the electric Citigo. We all like a little detour, but this is a full thread hijack.

@Luckypants

Actually it is rather relevant as you will know when you start using an EV.

When parked up in winter and you might be like at a Ski Centre without charging points and using a vehicle to take a break in, take your damp clothes to for a change mid day etc 

or just using anyplace then De-icer or a scraper is still relevant. 

You can heat an EV when plugged in or use energy and then get moving if not plugged in, but you have to think things through when getting and using an EV.

Be that for Commuting or Social, Domestic and Pleasure use.

Anyone that has had Skoda's over the years knows that de-icing a car can include inside and outside glass needing the ice scraped,

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the correct tyre pressures for the CITIGOe iV? According to my owner's manual there's supposed to be an info label on the inside of the filler flap. There is one there, but that only gives a guide to warning lights on the home charger. I've searched everywhere else on the vehicle and can't find one. The driver's and passenger's b-pillars have identical airbag warning stickers but that's it.

Am I right in assuming that because of the car's weight (due to battery, etc.), the pressures would be different to an ICE Citigo?

22 minutes ago, Yeti-Spaghetti said:

Chris, "maybe" (though maybe wrong too) the kwik fit tyre pressure aspect of their site will throw the details up!? (number plate reg needs inputting).

Tried that. Doesn't recognise my reg. 😕 There was between 0.5 and 1 PSI difference in left and right on each axle so in the end I went with whichever was the higher: front 36.5, rear 37.5 PSI. That compares with 33F/30R for a petrol version so I hope the factory settings are correct.

A tyre pressure sticker is another thing to put on the snagging list when it goes in to get the paintwork rectified.