After changing battery, drivers memo seat and steering controls not working...heeeellllpppp me OB1, u are my only hope!

Hello and salute to all whom ride the three legged daft stallion that is ‘life’,

I have a 55 plate Skoda superb 100 edition. I had a water issue/leaking due to the drainage outlet under battery being clogged up...after replacing the battery I noticed that the drivers seat and the steering controls for stereo n c control are not working. The passenger seat is fine which leads me to think that it’s not a fuse issue?! Also the boot release button on drivers don’t work but this was the case before the battery change. The fuel release next to it works fine...anyway, I digress...sodding seat won’t move and nifty wee steering controls are defunct....any suggestions will be devoured with delight n gusto!

thanks for reading,

J

Welcome to the site.

Sadly, look at the water ingress at the top of the SI threads. There is a lot of info on what to look for and how to tackle the problem. Good luck.

Edited by Danny 57
  • Like 2

Cheers for the advice. Not sure what the SI thread is but I’ll google it and check it out. I’ve unblocked the drainage outlet under the battery and haven’t had any subsequent water leaks...is there a  reasonably priced diagnostic unit that would help be find and possible related electrical problems? The cruise controls aren’t working now but the driver seat is fine all of a sudden...radio controls are fine...

• 2 weeks later...