• No (current Octavia owner)
    • No (current Fabia owner)
    • No (current Superb owner)
    • Not sure, too early to say or just dont care

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, i would:thumbup: I've had 2 Fabia vRS's to date and never had a problem with any of them:) Think my next car will be a Octy vRS diesel:thumbup: No matter how quick the hyperformance petrols are, i just cant stomach filling them with optimax evrey day!!!

Have to say not sure.

Looked at changing my car a few weeks back' date=' looked at the new Octavia Sport 140 diesel and it left me cold, just didn't feel right like my current Octavia does, massive disappointment as I was practically ready to order one. Test drove a Mondeo ST TDCi later the same day and nearly ordered one off the net when I got home, in fact was tempted to make an offer on the demonstrator that I drove!

The other problem with the Skoda's is the prices have steadily crept up to the point where with a bit of looking around on the internet you can get a better equiped and more powerful car from a different manufacturer for about the same price.

I was also going to mention the dealers but most manufacturers have the same problem with crap dealers.[/quote']

There may be a better equipped and more powerful car out there but the residuals on a Skoda are its main strength. A Mondeo plummets in price over 3 years!!

I guess the point I'm trying to make is as much as I like my current car I wouldn't automatically buy another one from the same make hence the not sure. My current car, a 53 Octavia has been a great advert for Skoda, to the point where my dad bought a used one at the start of the year after he drove mine (it is the first time he has ever liked a car I've had, let alone enough to buy one!) Skoda is also the only manufacturer my family is currently driving (my sister has a Felicia).

When it comes to spending my hard earned next time, I will look else where and compare them to Skoda, but I will still look. At the moment though I can't decide whether to keep with what I have or buy a new car. I can't even decide what car in the Skoda range I fancy, let alone what other manufactures to look at! :confused:

There may be a better equipped and more powerful car out there but the residuals on a Skoda are its main strength. A Mondeo plummets in price over 3 years!!

The Mk1 Octy doesn't really have strong residuals, and from what people trying to sell their Fabia's have found, they don't have them either!

Chris

The Mk1 Octy doesn't really have strong residuals' date=' and from what people trying to sell their Fabia's have found, they don't have them either!

Chris[/quote']

Octy RS - bought for 13900. Sold 30 months later with 138,000 on the clock, needing new shocks, discs, pads, tyres, a total interior clean and a respray for

As someone who was brought up with always at least one Ford in the family (even after my Dad decided a 5-Series was the car to have, we always had a least one Ford around the place), the decision to get our Fabia was just that it appeared to be better value than the Fiesta and also better built.

After that when changing my car the choice was between Focus ST170 and Octy vRS, and again the decision came down to the overall air of quality. I knew the Focus would be better to drive, in terms of handling, but I also knew it would need new bushes every year, after the Fiesta Zetec-s I had before.

Now as a two Skoda household I'm pretty impressed, and when changes need to be made to either I'll definitely be looking at other Skoda's although I'll also look at Ford's and probably other VAG cars as well.

I was going to say yes, but now I am not too sure. Yes I love the Car has everything I need but it's Skoda themselves and the backup and Dealers that is starting to worry me. Over the past 6 to 12 months more and more posts on these forums are about Dealerships going bust my local dealer went, then the one that Skoda pointed me to. At this rate there are going to be very few. Have Skoda bitten off more than they can chew are VW not funding them as much now or is it because now Skodas are popular again the francises are no longer a good business for people??

I am waiting to see what my now local Dealer Claybank Skoda come back with, with a cost for my second variable service, if it's too steep it'll be off to my ocal independant, who happens to be a mate of mine and walking distance of my house.

Car is two years old in December so still within Warranty but as long as he uses Skoda parts it's still valid.

We are on our 3rd Skoda & this is the first one weve had any problems with, its one particular design fault & we are currently talking to the dealer whos attempting to rectify it in conjunction with Skoda, some know what it is but I wont elaborate at this stage apart from the car being a Superb. Over the years we have found the local dealers excellent. We had to contact Skoda from France a couple of weeks ago when the car failed as the AA were absolutely useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. There response was proactive, they kicked the AA & also helped us out directly.

Would I buy another Skoda, I think Yes as they still represent good value for money & the dealers for us have been good. I just HOPE Skoda can sort the car out for us.

2.0 TDI 4x4 estate Stuart, you know you want it! :D

You forgot the L&K bit. Hhad it been available a few months ago I think we would have had one rather than the the Superb but having owned the Superb its just such a good car for us, far better than we imagined. It just eats up the miles. Its just a shame it has this design fault

It's too early for me to say if I would. I need to experience more from the dealer as I still havn't had my first service yet. So far they have been good and I would've bought off them if there wasn't such a huge difference in the purchase price.

Mr P is interested in an Octy VRS but he is an estate man so it would have to be a vrs estate. He doesn't know that much about them and is basing his interest on being driven in one for a day (non estate) and a quick test drive in a 54 plate estate, aswell as what his colleagues have expressed about driving them. So we may get another but it won't be me who is buying it this time. Which is nice ;):D

When I had my Felly, never occurred to me that I wouldn't buy another Skoda.

After my experiences so far with the Fabia I've just bought, I'm not sure I would after this one.

The number of "known faults" which plague the Fabia is crazy, alas, my car seems to have every gorramn one of 'em.

So dunno, it's difficult as these days, even new cars seem to suffer with all sorts of problems, but I dunno, seems VW buying Skoda has made reliability worse, not better to me.