Fabia 1.4 tdi, 110,000 miles, 2007, , should we drive on?

Anski

Does anyone have experience of how long these go on for,  in general , when looked after like ours?  Is say 150,000 the norm or rare?  If yes, that would give us another three years.  

After 11 years old I can say that this has been a fantastic car with very few problems.  I am asking because although we  intended to drive until it drops but now have to make a decision as to whether or not  it’s worth having the timing belt changed again.  It was last done in 2011 @ 40,000.   It’s now done 110,000 and 7 years have passed and that makes it overdue.  The engine and gearbox still seem sweet.  It’s not been hammered or overloaded.  It’s had regular servicing and everything it needs.    If there’s another 3 or 4 years in it it’s worth  it’s worth getting the belt done.

What’s do people think?

By the way, it’s in France.  Right hand drive.  The job would cost around 600 euros.  

I don't see why not, mine was on 177k miles when I sold it. I had the timing belt done twice in my ownership. The cars are solid and if well maintained should go on for a while yet. 

I also run a 1.4 TDI 80BHP version and apart from normal service parts has given great service especially the 60 +/- MPG. I have always serviced my own vehicles too.

Look after the regular oil changes with the correct oil and change the cam belt at the specified intervals.

Currently at 117,000 miles.

DB.

Edited by mogwye

Ran a 1.4TDI 70 Classic up to 172K miles and only changed to a 1.9TDI Elegance because I wanted a few luxuries and to try the 1.9TDI. It is now owned by someone at work using it as a daily driver so have no doubt about long life. Always serviced with correct oil and changed cam belt when required.

On 03/09/2018 at 15:10, Anski said:

By the way, it’s in France.  Right hand drive.  The job would cost around 600 euros.  

Are you never back in UK because that seems expensive for a belt change, unless you are getting a full service at same time?

Mine is 07 and on 328,000km. Original engine lasted until 3,000km ago so managed just over 200,000 miles. I bought a hatch with 9 months NCT (mot) and 120,000 miles on it at the right price, ran that till the NCT elapsed and put the engine in the combi which had been parked up for 2 years on the drive by then. Freed the  drums on the rear brakes and passed the NCT first time.