AdBlue Refill issues

WPUK

Hi all, 

I've had a search through and can't find the fix - thought I would see if anyone had similar issues?

AdBlue warning came on, brought a 10L container to fill it up. It was saying on the Maxidot min 1L, max 2.5L. I put 2.5L in yesterday, did the 30 second ignition trick and took it for a drive after, but still pings up the same warning. Today I have put another 2.5L in and done the same and it is still pinging up. 

Do you think I should just keep filling it up, despite the fact it is past the recommended amount needed? First time using AdBlue and unsure if I can do any damage with it!

Thanks in advance

2.5L is wrong if you have the low warning on the dash. 

I currently have about 3k miles remaining and it says around 7.5L IIRC. 

Usually takes just under 9L to fill it, however I fill min from a pump (far cheaper) and fill it until the pump clicks off. 

(Currently on around 47k Miles)

• Like 1

Thank you. I will keep adding and see if that resets it then. Unsure why it came up with such a low maximum volume then seeing as it says 800 miles to go. 

Imperial Gallons, 4.546 litres none of these US Gallons or Litres as the Adblue is sold in,

as nobody sells Gallons anymore in Fuel or Ad-Blue.    VW Group are European & Global so why did they go back to the future with 'gallons'.

DSCN0170.JPG

DSCN1297.JPG

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BriskodaJeff said:

@WPUK - not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but are you sure it isn't showing gallons rather than litres? Mine shows gallons.

So rather embarrassingly I most likely believe I was being a bit thick here!

I put the remainder of my 10L container in and it has now reset so can't see if it was saying gallons now but that is the most logical explanation.

Good old case of user error!

Thanks all

On 08/09/2018 at 17:11, WPUK said:

I put the remainder of my 10L container in and it has now reset so can't see if it was saying gallons now but that is the most logical explanation.

In settings, if you've selected in the units options miles per gallon to be shown and your display shows mpg rather than litres per 100km, your Adblue refill quantity will also be shown in gallons.

On 11/09/2018 at 06:44, Gizmo said:

You can have MPG and Litres for refil quantity :thumbup:

Thanks, I didn't realise this.  I'll have a look and see where I'm going wrong, though I won't change it as I much prefer gallons to litres.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm laughing here. I did exactly the same PenPusher and WPUK. Even rang DM Keith dealership to enquire/complain where all the AdBlue was going... as I was pouring a couple of litres in and the warning light was still on! Eventually dumped the whole 10litre contrainer in and it's been fine since!