Looking for a missing screw

Tomy69

Obviously the bolt and washer are inserted from the side shown in your middle picture. I'd get hold of a standard M10 bolt and see if it fitted the thread as shown in pic1. If it is a M10 then you just need the correct length and grade. You can measure the total depth required easily enough and I'd suggest a 10.9 grade at least. 

47 minutes ago, Tomy69 said:

Is there any way to get the catalog number of this bolt?

Yes, but we probably need to know the gearbox code. This will be on the options sticker near the engine code. Year of the car may also help.

If you go here there are a number of diagrams which show bolts connecting engine and gearbox, but there are variations with different gearbox codes: https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2004-419/3/

Knowing which diagram to reference will be a good start.

Not being funny, if you're getting oem, why not just take it into a dealers and ask them? The ones near me would just have a quick shufty at it and work it out FOC. Yes, it's underneath but they should be able to figure it out quickly.

25 minutes ago, Wino said:

Or tell you it's only available as part of a whole new gearbox...:D

:rofl:

1 hour ago, blackspaven said:

Not being funny, if you're getting oem, why not just take it into a dealers and ask them? The ones near me would just have a quick shufty at it and work it out FOC. Yes, it's underneath but they should be able to figure it out quickly.

They must be a good dealership then!  Nobody seems to do anything for free nowadays

Edited by ScoutCJB