Trevorb33’s Fantasygreen Fabia 1.8t build take 2

TrevorB33

On 10/04/2021 at 16:39, Lofty said:

Have you noticed any difference with the thicker front ARB Trevor? I’ve got one mine but not driven it yet to see😂

just been for a good run, initial turn in seems a lot sharper with the new arb, and small adjustments in steering seem to react very quickly, very impressed. Probably be even more noticeable with your slightly heavier diesel lump.

Getting it aligned again next week as I’ve had the subframe off so should be even better :) 

1 hour ago, TrevorB33 said:

just been for a good run, initial turn in seems a lot sharper with the new arb, and small adjustments in steering seem to react very quickly, very impressed. Probably be even more noticeable with your slightly heavier diesel lump.

Getting it aligned again next week as I’ve had the subframe off so should be even better :) 

That's a positive review, cheers for the update fella. 

• Like 1

Wheel alignment sorted today from Motorsport and performance other side of leeds, camber was all good and nicely even so no need to touch subframe again which was nice. Toe was well out again, now adjusted and driving lovely and straight again :) .

turns in even better now 

6CE8E982-AA84-4B9C-9177-C53007024805.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve had her up for sale half heartedly, only advertised on here and abit on instagram. I think in the back of my mind I don’t want it to go. 

ive just been in the middle of a house move so now the decorating and boring stuff has been done I can pay the Fabia some attention.

I’ve been meaning to do the cambelt as it’s reached it’s age limit although only done 30k since it was changed.

lucky I did as the littler roller idler bearing had half failed and was moving in and out rubbing on the metal casing cover, and the plastic impeller water pump had started to break up too. Luckily caught them both before it was too late.

so new Ina kit fitted and a metal impeller water pump 

BC1C50F8-6F6F-44C4-BDD0-465B668D294A.jpeg

2C740049-35B8-4044-BCF5-CB548ED755F2.jpeg

218391E4-7A2B-43A9-AE00-0AF12D3C2C25.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to pick up a bargain genuine seat sport front mount off a 1.8t too so correct pipework, very hard to find, I’ve already cleaned it out and going to wire wheel end tanks and paint it black this week then get it on.

Also fitted some poly exhaust downpipe mounts,

And I’ve changed the gearbox oil :)

and booked in for getting the roof resprayed so she will be looking mint 

181BC4ED-D77A-4ACA-8DD0-8DA83BCA19E0.jpeg

D42A86D4-AE9F-4EF1-A0CA-6C57088AA8F7.jpeg

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...