Sportline / SL Plus changes for new MY

Does anyone know if Skoda have changed the suspension setup in the new Sportline / SL Plus?

I've driven the previous model year, and this one feels very very different. It's actually stiff?

Also noticed the 7 Speed DSG is way quicker to pickup and the car generally feels more rapid - I didn't expect such a big change between the 6 and 7 speed, so not sure if they've altered any of the software settings underneath as well..

7 hours ago, thebigred said:

Also noticed the 7 Speed DSG is way quicker to pickup and the car generally feels more rapid - I didn't expect such a big change between the 6 and 7 speed, so not sure if they've altered any of the software settings underneath as well..

The DSG-6 (DQ250) and DSG-7 (DQ380) are two different gearboxes.

The mechatronics is different.

The clutch packs r different.

The software mapping is different.

The gear ratios r different.

So u can expect to feel noticeable differences.

Edited by JR RS

Picked up my Sportline Plus 150 tdi on Monday and very pleased with the whole car.

Driving in a mixture of S and D with use of the paddles also.

D is very comfortable and S as you imagine is a bit more spirited.

Gear changes are seamless on the way up and down.

Suspension is a major improvement on my Octavia and boy do I need that on the roads around here.

10 hours ago, toni8b said:

So no more DSG oil change?

No, this is the wet 7 speed, which still needs oil changes like the 6 speed.

The dry 7 speed (DQ200), which has been featured in the media for the wrong reasons, is different altogether.

So after a week or two of driving it I can confirm it feels very different. 

The suspension feels a lot firmer  in  certain conditions - but I’ve still not seen anything to suggest it’s been changed between models? So is this just some kind of fault on the old car? I’m not complaining - just confused!

also noticed there’s no audible warning if the passenger takes their seat belt off while moving? It lights up on the dash but I’m sure the octy used to give an audible warning as well....

You sure this is a MY2019 we're talking about? The banking period for the 2019 models ended last week.

All new cars built after the summer shutdown have been parked since they were built (due to the WLTP issues), so it's a bit weird that you, or a dealer have been able to get their hands on a MY2019 when they literally started shipping them this week.

On 01/10/2018 at 22:13, thebigred said:

The suspension feels a lot firmer  in  certain conditions - but I’ve still not seen anything to suggest it’s been changed between models? So is this just some kind of fault on the old car? I’m not complaining - just confused!

also noticed there’s no audible warning if the passenger takes their seat belt off while moving? It lights up on the dash but I’m sure the octy used to give an audible warning as well....

Could be a fault. Mine complains when the passenger seatbelt is unclicked with the car in motion. 

• Like 1

On 01/10/2018 at 22:13, thebigred said:

Same tyres? Same tyre pressures? 

Transport blocks removed?