DTUK TCU box for DSG cars WOW

Now up front I'll tell you, I like DTUK products, I'm just a customer, not paid, sponsored or in any way rewarded. But what I really is that they do what they say on the tin & what I like best is the way they preserve my warranty.

Thier tuningbox tunes you engine & leaves to trace on your car.

Their Pedalbox tunes your throttle & leaves no trace on your car.

So when I heard they could tune the DSG & leave no trace on the car I had a "**** it" moment a bought one.

Only done 40 miles in Friday afternoon traffic but, I'm impressed. Quicker changes, less slippage & oh boy does it feel so much sharper. Even feels slicker just pottering round town but, let it have some throttle & it just brings the car to life.

Definitely, recommend one of these if you wanna get the best from a DSG car.

• Like 2

Thats a lot of tuning boxes in the car.

I must say it would be little annoying to me.

Next time I will just get a remap so I can forget about everything (and I dont give a damn about TD1)

• Like 1

On 28/09/2018 at 15:42, JohnnyType2 said:

Be nice to get enough clear road on a Friday afternoon but, I'll give the full beans in the morning on my way to work. I have a section of road between 2 roundabouts where I see what speed I can to before the 300 yard marker & stand on the anchors

0-62mph ain't gonna be that good a measure even if I had 4G coverage for an App or decent enough video footage. Kinda think I wouldn't get a second gear change before 62mph or enough grip from a standing start, I'll see if anyone has that stuff at next week's meet & report back.

Edited by john999boy
Removed quoted comment.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, toni8b said:

Thats a lot of tuning boxes in the car.

I must say it would be little annoying to me.

Next time I will just get a remap so I can forget about everything (and I dont give a damn about TD1)

Ditto the TD1. If a Skoda technician can't spot all the stage 2 bits on my car when it gets it's first service in January 2019, then they really are doing the wrong job. I won't even allow them to test drive (joyride) it afterwards either.:tongueout:

But most car manufacturers, including VAG can spot the "smoking gun" of a box. Torque output is the easiest to spot and impossible to explain any other way so thinking a box is completely undetectable is mistaken. Also, just because its remapped does not mean your warranty is void. Mine wasn't on my previous leon. Remapped with full seat knowledge and permission, and the turbo was replaced completely free under warranty. Helps to have a good relationship with your service manager. 

I've found a it more out about how some of the boxes work, so I've taken it off my car and mapped it instead. If I was staying with a box I'd have swapped to something like Steinbauer that works at an individual injector level rather than simply just raising the rail pressure.

Edited by stever750

3 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Ditto the TD1. If a Skoda technician can't spot all the stage 2 bits on my car when it gets it's first service in January 2019, then they really are doing the wrong job. I won't even allow them to test drive (joyride) it afterwards either.:tongueout:

I had mine serviced yesterday. After the service there were 13 fault codes still present, presumably from the tuning box. Cleared them, drove around without the box and no codes. Remapped it, no codes. Point being that they either ignored the codes and forgot to clear them or simply didn't even bother connecting the diagnostic. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stever750 said:

But most car manufacturers, including VAG can spot the "smoking gun" of a box. Torque output is the easiest to spot and impossible to explain any other way so thinking a box is completely undetectable is mistaken. Also, just because its remapped does not mean your warranty is void. Mine wasn't on my previous leon. Remapped with full seat knowledge and permission, and the turbo was replaced completely free under warranty. Helps to have a good relationship with your service manager. 

I've found a it more out about how some of the boxes work, so I've taken it off my car and mapped it instead. If I was staying with a box I'd have swapped to something like Steinbauer that works at an individual injector level rather than simply just raising the rail pressure.

Naive at best to think any tuning box (DIY) would not leave a tell tale trace (evidence) as there are so many sensors on modern cars to monitor absolutely everything. Had to check wife's Karoq on Friday when TPMS did a wobbly and suggested one tyre had low pressure when it didn't. Checked and reset the system no more red herrings.:D

Tuningbox is undetectable to standard service diagnostics but, I agree that when digging a little deeper, it's quite simple to see if a car has run "outside of it's standard operating parameters"

Till you blow something up like an engine or turbo, nobody is gonna dig deeper because, they're not paid to.

If you @stever750 got a turbo replaced under warranty on a remapped car, good luck to you. I use a Service Centre instead of a dealership as I don't need the sales patter or any of the other BS that seems to fly around in them places.

As long as my boxes are turned off (ie. don't show up on the diagnostics) they don't care what is physically in place & are paid to provide any further info to Skoda UK.

On the morning blast section on my way to work the car found another 11mph (over this Tuesday's top speed) by my braking point, air temp was the same, same fuel, same car only difference was the TCU box & it's feels faster through the gear changes.

I'm happier with the TCU on the car, it feels & drives faster which kinda supports Drug's claims of increased clutch plate pressure, faster changes & higher torque allowance.

You guys without DSG are gonna be in the dark but, when WOT there has always seemed a little delay/slippage between gears changes & whilst I won't say that's gone, it's way, way smaller in both amount & effect.

One word describes the acceleration now

RELENTLESS 

• Like 1

Plenty of car owners blow up standard engines/turbo's mainly down to a lack of maintenance or regular checks on oil levels. Seen plenty on the motorway oblivious to the amount of smoke pouring out of the exhaust pipes. Second point the resale on any car is going to plummet going outside the Dealer network unless the vehicle is a keeper and therefore becomes irrelevant. Using Skoda approved parts will not be enough for some buyers who want peace of mind that comes with a Skoda used warranty. I am completely open with my local dealer even promising a drive for the Dealer Principal when it's at stage 2 because I have nothing to hide and have never experienced a mechanical issue in 35 years on the road.:blink:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Which box ?

They wonder  if you've had it on a rolling road yet.Guess it will make 310bhp with your RAMAIR filter. Assuming no cheating with added ethanol, race fuel or octane booster like some people use to pump up the results. Got to keep it fair, otherwise no point in using the HEARTBREAK rollers.:tongueout:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

They wonder  if you've had it on a rolling road yet.Guess it will make 310bhp with your RAMAIR filter. Assuming no cheating with added ethanol, race fuel or octane booster like some people use to pump up the results. Got to keep it fair, otherwise no point in using the HEARTBREAK rollers.:tongueout:

Was on them October last year prior to the revised software & with only 800 miles on the clock. It made 290bhp & 465Nm when running Tescos 99ron fuel.

Hoping for plus 300 with the revised software, Revo cone & some Vpower

16 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Was on them October last year prior to the revised software & with only 800 miles on the clock. It made 290bhp & 465Nm when running Tescos 99ron fuel.

Hoping for plus 300 with the revised software, Revo cone & some Vpower

Sorry about mixing up Revo cone and Ramair. My mapping company only look at the car if you use Tesco Momentum or Shell V-Power as they give the best results for regular super unleaded pump fuel. Myself hoping for minimum 350bhp and 500NM, more will be a bonus. Can't wait, longest 3 weeks of my life I reckon.:notme:

1 minute ago, stever750 said:

My diesel makes similar torque. Well for a window of 2k rpm anyway! 

Biggest difference (having owned VRS Tdi 64 plate DSG) is the diesel runs out of puff at 4,000rpm and my manual petrol will rev easily to 7,000rpm in 2nd (71mph) and 3rd (104mph) when even a mapped diesel will be become quite small in the rear view mirror.:notme:

With engine remaps you need to understand who the remap is being approved by.

Most OEMs dont "approve" remapping the ECU, with the exception of some special editions (like the Montune updates Ford sometimes offer for the ST or RS).

If you buy a remap from an official dealership the warrenty of the remap should be offered by the dealership (not the OEM) so they should rectify any problems even if they are caused because of the remap.

Probably they will try to claim from the OEM first but if they say no, at least your dealer should foot the bill.

If you bought an remap from a third-party company & then blow a turbo or head-gasket the warrenty path becomes difficult if the OEM is able to detect the remap & refuses the work under-warrenty.